Strengthening local capacity to plan, implement, and monitor projects
CEADIR provides technical assistance in over 25 countries to USAID Missions, partner governments, universities, private companies, and other institutions to conduct and use macro-economic analyses for global climate change mitigation and adaptation as well as mobilize investment capital for low-emission development.
The programme helps identify public and private sector funding by supporting climate financing readiness, assessing financing instruments and sources, and strengthening local capacity to plan, implement, and monitor projects.
Through CEADIR, Crown Agents USA has been supporting since 2016 the USAID Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) and national governments in the southeast Asia region to scale up financing to meet their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) towards greenhouse gas emission reductions.
Examples of the work under CEADIR include the following:
- Accelerating commercial lending for on-and-off-grid clean energy in Central America and West Africa;
- Conducting a climate finance situation analysis in Bangladesh;
- Transactional support to Power Africa in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Analysis of renewable energy reverse auctions in Mexico, El Salvador, Peru, India, Brazil and South Africa;
- Analysis of the impacts of rural road development on forests, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and economic growth in developing countries.
CEADIR is a task order under USAID’s Public Financial Management (PFM) IDIQ.