Re-energising Ethiopia’s power sector
We are working with the Ethiopian government to refine and streamline the procurement systems of Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP), the state-owned electricity producer.
Our role involves providing procurement and financial management support, as well as building capacity in the EEP’s procurement department. We mainly deal with complex, high-value infrastructure project tenders in the power sector.
- Reviewing and refining current standard operating manuals
- Developing a new procurement plan that aligns with the terms of reference of establishing high quality, transparent procurement practices
- Conducting training and workshops once the plan has been introduced
- Conducting ongoing assessments of procurement practices
- Supporting acquisition planning and market research