Case study: Working with the Bank of Abyssinia
With a focus on personal styles of leadership, change management, emotional intelligence and the link between leadership and good governance, our customised leadership courses aim to empower delegates to reach their full potential as a leader, generating tangible results for their organisation.
In July 2018, Crown Agents delivered a five-day customised training programme for 17 senior officials from the Bank of Abyssinia with the aim of building their leadership and coaching capabilities. The course was based on our established open programme, Executive Leadership in Action, but tailored to the needs of the client with a particular focus on leadership in the financial world.
Delegates were equipped with the skills to improve their effectiveness as a leader through an examination of their personal leadership styles, a study of emotional intelligence skills and an exploration of coaching techniques.
Crown Agents’ expert leadership trainers and internationally renowned guest speakers used their real-life experiences as well as an examination of relevant case studies to offer insights into leadership approaches and coaching and mentoring practises.
On completion of the training delegates were able to:
- Identify the key attributes and the mindset of a highly successful, results-focussed, 21st century leader
- Understand their own leadership style and its impact on the working environment
- Explore the meaning of authentic leadership within the context of their organisation
- Become more emotionally intelligent to build strategic alliances
- Develop coaching techniques to enhance their leadership capabilities and develop teams
The training was well received by the Bank of Abyssinia and participating staff, with feedback from delegates including:
“It was a unique experience and all the trainers were well-equipped with a rich knowledge to coach and facilitate the training.”
Beruk Wallelgn Damte, Executive Director – Human Resources
“The training has been conducted excellently and has been value adding.”
Biruk Tesfaye Hailemariam, Member of the Board of Directors