This three-week programme combines:
Creating Innovative Practices and Strategies (approved by the Institute of Leadership and Management): 10 days
Directing and Managing Organisational Strategy: 05 days
Ideal for all those with responsibility for creating or directing strategy in their organisation. In weeks one and two, delegates will focus on what innovation means and how it can be stimulated in teams and individuals to create an organisational strategy that’s adaptable and resilient in a changing world. Delegates will draw on their own real-life strategic challenges and work on solutions with input from their peers, tutors and inspirational guest speakers and visits.
In week three, the focus is on the practical skills and techniques needed to create a workable and sustainable strategy that aligns with organisational risks and opportunities, utilising the most effective planning and measurement tools and technologies.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand your organisation’s unique strategic challenges
- Enhance the competencies that facilitate innovation
- Select and plan strategies and manage risks effectively
- Establish strategic objectives using tools such as the balanced scorecard
- Develop performance management processes that ensure alignment of objectives
- Make best use of innovations in information, communications and technology
- Empower teams and effectively manage conflicts arising from change
- Exploring how innovative organisations measure, plan for and implement innovation and optimise information technology
- Understanding your organisation’s priorities and current approach to strategic management
- Developing an organisation and teams within it that want to learn and improve
- Determining strategic objectives, allocation of resource and budget, and measurement of success
- Best use of project life cycle and planning tools
- Leadership styles and behaviours that facilitate or hinder innovation
- Aligning department, team and individual performance to strategic objectives
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.