Clear strategic direction in an organisation ensures the effective management of financial and staff resources and the successful delivery of operations and projects.
This programme focuses on enabling senior staff to develop both realistic and achievable strategic plans for their organisations, and the control mechanisms to ensure delivery.
Through the use of case studies, visits, guest speakers and assignments, it will provide practical frameworks that can be put to work straight away on return to the office.
Delegates will be asked to identify a ‘live’ problem which they will work on through the week, presenting and discussing action plans, sharing experiences and evaluating best practice.
This course is ideal for directors and senior managers who are actively involved in strategic development and management.
This is week three of The Strategy Toolkit.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Communicate a clear vision and mission for the organisation
- Establish an understanding of the global, regional and local trends and risks that could affect the organisation’s success
- Carry out a comprehensive analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Establish strategic objectives aligned to the vision and mission, using a range of strategic and objective-setting tools such as the balanced scorecard
- Develop performance management processes that ensure alignment of objectives at all levels
- Ensure a process for initiating, managing and controlling change projects
- Organisational analysis: understanding your organisation’s priorities and approach to strategic management
- Articulating a strategic vision that is meaningful and inspirational
- Analysing the key trends, threats and drivers
- Determining strategic objectives, allocation of resource and budget, and measurement of success
- Aligning department, team and individual performance to strategic objectives
- Information systems for control of activities and decision making
- Management of organisational change projects
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.