This two-week programme combines:
Executive Leadership in Action – Short Course: 05 days
Emotional Intelligence: Enhancing Management and Leadership Impact (approved by the Institute of Leadership and Management): 05 days
This comprehensive programme is designed for the executive who wants to develop their personal insight and effectiveness and to grow as an emotionally intelligent leader. Emotional Intelligence (EQ) enables you to bring thoughts and feelings together, working in harmony with cognitive intelligence, to create a more rounded and successful individual.
In week one, delegates will identify the qualities and values of a successful leader, focusing on their own personal development journey. They will explore and develop skills in effective influencing, the use of power, conflict resolution, taking greater responsibility, making difficult decisions and coaching others for improved performance.
In week two, delegates will work with a leading expert in the field of EQ to develop insights into what makes an emotionally intelligent leader and develop their skills to be able to use this to a positive effect in the workplace. The emotionally intelligent leader will be more resilient, have better working relationships and make smarter and more authentic decisions.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand your own leadership style by examining your personal values and preferences
- Improve your influencing skills and use power appropriately to deal with difficult situations and individuals
- Resolve conflicts and apply basic coaching skills to get the best out of people and their performance
- Understand what emotional intelligence is, and how it enables you to be a more effective and resilient leader
- Explain your emotions and ‘trigger points’ and examine and challenge entrenched ideas and self-limiting behaviours
- Use your improved EQ skills to build better relationships, make better business decisions, manage stress and lead change
- Leadership skills now and after the pandemic
- Becoming a leader of your time, and studying authenticity in leadership
- Your leadership identity and leadership style: self-assessment, analysis and impact
- Using power to influence, and coaching skills for improved performance and conflict resolution
- Generating resilience and mental toughness
- Examining the importance of emotional intelligence (EQ) in the modern workplace
- Assessing your level of EQ and behavioural styles
- Empathy, listening skills and tuning in to the feelings of others
- Improving resilience and managing stress and the emotional aspects of change
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.