Excellence in governance supports effective decision making within a clearly defined ethical and accountability framework, excellent stakeholder engagement, and robust risk management, compliance, HR, information systems.
In an increasingly volatile world, organisations are faced with challenging ethical dilemmas and wholly new, emerging and fast moving geo-political, economic, ethical, technological, AI, environmental and societal risks which threaten their and our sustainability. Dealing with key ethical issues, risks, and also applying effective stakeholder engagement, whilst managing compliance, are all critical to organisational performance and to securing a sustainable future. Governing bodies now need to redefine meaningful, relevant organisational strategic purpose and adapt to significant change in recognised expectations, standards, principles and practices in governance, risk, and compliance areas.
This practical one-week course will help you to successfully navigate your function in the right direction so that it delivers maximum impact and value to your organisation and it’s stakeholders. It will equip relevant board committee members, executives, senior managers, and functional heads/chiefs/officers with a specialist role in, governance, risk management, and compliance, to establish, lead and manage specialist functions that meet current and emerging good practice expectations.
Includes complementary professional subscription with The Chartered Governance Institute.
This course is week one of The Governance Excellence Toolkit.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the integrated concepts of governance, ethics, risk, information, HR and
- compliance management; and the standards and competencies expected for each
- Appreciate how to establish, lead and manage the specialist functions to meet current and
- emerging global standards
- Evaluate your function’s performance and compliance
- Engage effectively with your stakeholders
- Current and emerging concepts and standards of governance of organisations
- Applied stakeholder engagement
- Direction setting and decision making
- Risk governance and management and leading the risk function
- Ethics and compliance and leading the compliance function
- Strategic HR role and responsibility supporting governance effectiveness
- Information, data and knowledge management and effective reporting
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.