This two-week course comprises of:
Excellence in Governance: Ethics, Risk, and Compliance Management 05 days
Excellence in Governance: Performance Management, Internal Control and Internal Audit 05 days
Excellence in governance supports effective decision making within a clearly defined ethical and accountability framework, excellent stakeholder engagement, robust risk management, compliance, HR, information systems, and professional integrated audit and assurance arrangements.
This practical toolkit, aligned with the 11 core principles of ISO 37000 (governance of organisations) will equip relevant board committee members, executives, senior managers, and functional heads/chiefs/officers with a specialist role in internal audit, risk management, compliance and control, HR, quality and excellence, information management or security to establish, lead and manage specialist functions that meet current good practice expectations. It will also provide essential and practical insights for board secretaries and secretariat heads as well as those engaged in organisational change programmes.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the integrated concepts of: governance and ethics; risk, information and HR management; compliance and performance; control and assurance and the standards and competencies expected for each
- Appreciate how to establish, lead and manage the specialist functions to meet current and emerging global standards
- Evaluate your function’s performance and compliance, and provide information and assurance as required in the accountability framework
- Engage effectively with your stakeholders
- Current and emerging concepts and standards of governance of organisations
- Effective stakeholder engagement, direction setting and decision making
- Risk governance and management and leading the risk function
- Ethics and compliance and leading the compliance function
- Strategic HR role and responsibility supporting governance effectiveness
- Information, data and knowledge management and effective reporting
- Performance management and evaluation
- Effectiveness of the control framework
- Modern internal audit and integrated assurance
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.