A practical learning experience in creating enabling conditions to expand the supply of affordable housing in emerging economies.
This is a one-week immersive training course and study tour hosted in London by Crown Agents and Altair. It is designed for high-level government officials, policymakers and private sector leaders working to deliver affordable housing across Africa and Asia.
The Intensive Affordable Housing Programme is an immersive training and study tour designed to provide practical learning on how to create and expand the supply of affordable housing whilst exploring policy frameworks, the distinctive role of government and private sector institutions in stimulating the supply of affordable housing, capital markets funding options, regulatory and legal frameworks to enable implementation of effective housing systems in emerging economies.
This comprehensive programme aims to equip high-level government delegates with the knowledge, skills, and networking opportunities necessary to tackle the affordable housing challenge in their respective countries more effectively.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Draw on decades of valuable lessons learned within the UK sector alongside international case studies. Throughout the week, delegates will enjoy a mix of practical and interactive classroom-based training and study tour visits to affordable housing developments and key organisations while accessing important networking and peer learning opportunities.
- Includes expertly guided visits to:
- Award-winning large-scale mixed-income affordable housing developments in London
- Successful regeneration projects that integrate community engagement and environmental sustainability
- Student housing accommodation
- Networking dinner: With guests including leading figures from the UK government, the London Mayor’s office, the private sector and affordable and social housing sectors.
- The global landscape for affordable housing
- Policy, legal, and regulation framework for affordable housing in the UK
- Role of government, local government, non-profits, and private sector in the delivery of housing in the UK
- Overview of different financial instruments and investment opportunities
- Case studies of successful policies and projects
- Exploring alternative housing tenure models
- What does it take to create a successful green housing market and the role of key actors?
- What does it take to initiate delivery of a large volume housing supply programme?
This programme has been created in partnership with specialist housing and development consultancy Altair.
With unrivalled experience and diverse expertise in housing and placemaking, Altair provides high-quality, creative solutions to the varied and rapidly changing challenges facing organisations operating in housing and regeneration today. The team inspire confidence and change in the housing sector with real-world expertise, thought leadership and insight. Working in collaboration with clients, Altair’s consultants provide professional advice required to drive growth, remain resilient and build sustainable businesses.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.