This two-week programme combines:
Supply Chain Management: Issues and Solutions 05 days
Identifying and Delivering Sustainable Supply Chain Solutions 05 days
Efficient Supply Chain Management (SCM) is essential to organisational success. However, in order to be fully effective, SCM practices must also be sustainable. Now more than ever, businesses need to ensure their environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives are met throughout the procurement and supply chain process.
This in-depth toolkit will give you the tools to get the most out of your supply chains and relationships with key suppliers and customers. In week one, delegates will explore the strategic role of SCM, and cover the key techniques involved in developing a successful SCM strategy from the raw commodities through to finished products.
In week two, you will learn to identify key areas of the supply chain where sustainability concepts and goals could be integrated. Delegates will examine three areas that are fundamental to your developing a sustainable supply chain: Profit (economic performance), People (social sustainability) and Planet (environmental sustainability).
On completion, you will be able to:
- Define the supply chain, its component parts and stakeholder relationships
- Create a successful supply chain strategy
- Analyse and manage risks within the supply chain
- Motivate and build capacity of supply chain staff
- Implement monitoring systems to ensure goals are achieved
- Improve your data management and optimisation
- Understand sustainability impacts
- Outline methods of implementing sustainable procurement
- Fundamentals of SCM and understanding supply chain flows
- Key enablers for successful SCM
- International supply chains and global commodities markets
- Contract Management
- Managing risk and tackling corruption
- Total Quality Management and ensuring sustainable SCM
- Sustainable supply chains in a global and local context
- Sustainability solutions across sourcing, production, inventory management and transportation
- Assessing the outcomes of sustainable SCM initiatives
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.