Powering Kaduna State’s Healthcare Centres with Solar Energy /
- 1.7MWp of renewable energy produced /
- 25,000 patients benefit from more reliable power /
- Crown Agents provided-to-end management of the entire project /
Powering Nigeria’s healthcare system with renewable energy
We provided end-to-end management for the DFID-funded Kaduna State Solar project, which is providing clean, reliable power to 34 health centres across Kaduna state, Nigeria.
Following our successful role as procurement agent for an earlier project delivering solar energy to 200,000 people in Lagos state, Crown Agents were appointed procurement agent for the solar electrification of 34 remote primary healthcare centres (PHC) across Kaduna State, Nigeria.
- Procuring high-quality goods and equipment necessary to build a complex off-grid solar power network
- Designing the required PV systems
- Writing detailed and highly specific terms of reference for the project
- Managing the contracts of the design engineering team and collaborating with them to write tenders for the three main project contracts
Kaduna Solar won Best Third Sector/Not-for-profit Public Procurement Project at the 2017 CIPS awards. From ensuring power during essential surgeries, to maintaining drugs at the right temperatures to ensure effectiveness, reliable energy for these health centres will save and improve lives into the future.
‘[H]uge thanks for keeping the pace and managing all the incredibly difficult logistics challenges…Keep the steam going and thanks again! Much appreciated.’