- Saving the Ugandan government over $110,000 per km of road through conducting bid evaluations /
The road to economic growth
We supported the Government of Uganda to carry out reform in the country’s roads sector, to promote economic growth and tackle poverty in the country. We advised the Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA), streamlining their bids process and helping them to make the correct decision through conducting bid evaluations.
We evaluated tenders for works and services according to certain thresholds, although we receive the documentation for all procurement exercises – including those where Independent parallel Bid Evaluations were not 100% necessary – to ensure transparency and fairness.
- Carrying out 130 tender evaluations for works and services
- Reducing the number of requests for administrative review of contract decisions from 5 in 2011/12 to zero in 2012/13
- Building the confidence that bidders have in the processes to generate competition on the bids, resulting in greater value for money for UNRA
- Instilling confidence in UNRA’s Contracts Committee to make more assured decisions
Building capacity throughout the bidding process
By providing detailed feedback on the quality of the UNRA’s Requests for Proposals and other bidding documents we strengthened their ability to iron out inconsistencies and publish effective proposals. Our comments were also fed in to a separate programme that will produce a procurement procedures manual for future reference for UNRA staff.