Improving the equipment for Regional Academy of Maritime Science and Technology in Cote d’Ivoire under Japanese Grant Aid /
On 4 May 2023, the handing over ceremony for procured equipment under the Japanese Grant Aid for the Project for Improvement of the Equipment for Regional Academy of Maritime Science and Technology in Abidjan was held in the city of Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The ceremony was attended by Ambassador of Japan to Cote d’Ivoire, H.E. Mr IKKATAI Katsuya, Minister of Transport of Cote d’Ivoire, H.E. Mr Amadou KONE.
As a procurement agent to the Government of the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire, Crown Agents Japan procures various equipment under this project.
Items procured and handed over at the ceremony:
- Navigational simulators
- Nautical charts and instruments
- Office equipment and language laboratory equipment
- Educational equipment
- Personal survival technique equipment
- Fire prevention and firefighting training equipment
- Medical first aid and medical care training equipment
・Country: Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
・Project Title: Japanese Grant Aid for the Project for Improvement of the Equipment for Regional Academy of Maritime Science and Technology in Abidjan
・Date of Exchange of Notes: 21 December 2015
・Grant Amount: 650 million Japanese yen
・Implementation Agency: Ministry of Transport
・Purpose of this Grant: To contribute to the recovery of the safe and stable society and stability of Cote d’Ivoire to be able to lead regional area, acceleration of economic and social development through:
– navigation training to the people who work at industrial and commercial ships,
– training to the staff who works for coast guard and marine economy development and
– seeking to strengthen the maritime human resource development programme.
・Main procurement items: Simulators, vehicles, personal survival technique equipment, fire prevention and firefighting training equipment, medical first aid and medical care training equipment etc.