In FY2015, the Government of the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire has received a grant of 650 million Japanese yen from the Government of Japan under the Japanese Grant Aid for the Project for Improvement of the Equipment for Regional Academy of Maritime Science and Technology in Abidjan (“ARSTM”) to finance the provision of products and services for ARSTM.
Crown Agents was appointed by the Government of Japan to be a procurement agent on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire.
On 4 May 2023, a handing over ceremony for procured equipment including simulators, vehicles, personal survival technique equipment such as life jackets, fire prevention and firefighting training equipment, medical first aid and medical care training equipment was held in the city of Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The ceremony was attended by Ambassador of Japan to Cote d’Ivoire, H.E. Mr IKKATAI Katsuya, and Minister of Transport of Cote d’Ivoire, H.E. Mr Amadou KONE.
The overall aim of the grant is to contribute to the economic and social development of Cote d’Ivoire through:
- navigation training for the people who work at industrial and commercial ships,
- training for staff working as coast guard and
- in marine economy development
seeking to strengthen the maritime human resource development programme.
A list of products procured under this programme can be found below.:
- Navigational simulators
- Nautical charts and instruments
- Office equipment and language laboratory equipment
- Educational equipment
- Personal survival technique equipment
- Fire prevention and firefighting training equipment
- Medical first aid and medical care training equipment
- Mechanical workshop equipment
The Crown Agents Japan office was founded in 1967. Since 1987, we are a nominated procurement agent for Japanese ODA projects to governments around the world such as Cote d’Ivoire.