Effective budget execution, that also takes place within a strategic financial management context, is a key factor in an organisation achieving its strategic and operational objectives.
This course is designed to enhance delegates’ understanding of the key components of the budget cycle, with an emphasis on the procedures and activities within the execution phase of the budget, covering: budget control; accounting and reporting; and oversight of financial management operations.
This one-week course will also address the role of results-based performance measurement techniques in monitoring the achievement of government policy objectives, supported by the Chart of Accounts (COA).
This is week two of the Strategic Financial Management and Effective Budget Executive Toolkit.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Apply strategic financial management to add value to the budget execution process
- Describe the components of management accounting and its inter-connections with financial accounting
- Appreciate how to undertake cost analysis and allocation and their importance for strategic management and improved decision-making
- Design robust and meaningful financial performance measures to help enhance financial control and delivery of policy objectives
- Design and implement a COA for effective classification of transactions and tracking of outcomes
- Comprehend the essential components of effective cash management and the need for cash-debt management integration
- Strategic financial management context
- Budget execution processes
- The framework of management control and expenditure monitoring
- Traditional financial reporting and results-based performance measurement
- Procurement principles and importance for public financial management
- Costing principles and techniques
- Principles of effective cash management
- Treasury and cash management integration
- Integrated financial management information systems
- Governance and external scrutiny
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.