This programme is designed for managers who are moving, or have the potential to move, into leadership roles. It guides delegates through the challenging transition from being a manager with a primary focus on delivery and making things happen, to becoming a leader who inspires trust and makes people think, feel and act.
Over two challenging weeks, delegates will study the behaviours, mindset and style of the successful leader and gain an insight into their own strengths and weaknesses. Culturally relevant case studies and role plays will be used to demonstrate positive and negative approaches to challenging situations.
There will also be a focus on identifying key problem-solving techniques to overcome organisational barriers, using coaching skills for performance improvement and employing influencing skills to make maximum impact.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between a manager and a leader and what it takes to make the transition
- Recognise your own strengths and weaknesses by examining your own preferred leadership style
- Learn coaching skills and behaviours to maximise individual performance
- Use contemporary styles and techniques to lead positive change
- Embed behaviours as a leader that inspire trust and respect
- Take on more challenging problems with improved problem solving
- Use influencing tactics and skills to engage and inspire
- Key attributes of a successful and inspiring leader
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses and developing an improvement plan
- Personal values that drive leadership behaviour
- Leading in times of change
- Using innovative problem-solving techniques
- Influencing approaches
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.