As part of our expansion in Central Asia we are proud to be partnering with local Kazakh company Batys Transit, drawing on their years of expertise in implementing supply chain and economic growth projects across Kazakhstan.
Cooperation with local companies is not only an opportunity to contribute to the development of the Kazakhstan’s economy, but will also help to support an efficient and transparent business that forms new standards in the region.
“We chose this partner because it is a reliable and open company. We met four years ago at the seminar on public-private partnership conducted by Crown Agents and since then we kept our open, friendly and fruitful relations. Now we move partnership to the next level,” commented Larissa Kokareva, Crown Agents Regional manager in Central Asia.
The Batys Transit joint-stock company was founded in 2005 and was established in accordance with the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the purpose of implementing the project “Construction of an inter-regional power transmission line “North Kazakhstan – Aktobe region”. Batys Transit fulfilled the construction of this line and became the first successful concessionaire of Kazakhstan. The company intends to use its experience and competence to develop new Kazakh projects.
“Cooperation with such a world expert as Crown Agents is a serious step not only for our company, but for Kazakhstan as a whole. I am confident that the partnership will develop and will benefit the country, increasing economic growth and investment attractiveness,”
Kurmangazy Ibragimov, CEO of Batys Transit
About Crown Agents
Crown Agents is one of the world’s leading experts in strategic decision-making for the management of the public sector and a leading specialist in public procurement. The way in which state institutions are organized and function has a direct impact on the performance of the entire sector. Crown Agents helps countries create, develop, improve systems of economic development and management in healthcare, agriculture, transport and technical infrastructures, and humanitarian assistance.
The work in the field of public procurement is focused on two areas: assistance to the government in the development of the supply chain and direct management of procurement systems and supply chains.
Crown Agents operates in more than 100 countries and cooperates with governments around the world for more than 185 years (UK, USA, Japan, Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa). The list of partners also includes the world’s largest companies, organizations and funds such as the World Bank, the United Nations, the European Commission, the Asian Development Bank.
In Central Asia, Crown Agents has been working for more than 25 years in the areas of development, procurement, financial management, economic development and has worked closely with:
- Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Labor and Social Development, Ministry of Education of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Governments of Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Mongolia
- The Global Fund
- The World Bank and the Asian Development Bank
- Governments of the United States, Great Britain and Japan
Current Crown Agents’ projects in Central Asia:
- Procurement within the framework of official assistance of the Japanese government for the development of Central Asia
- Increasing the effectiveness of trade with the help of “single window” in Tajikistan
Implemented projects of Crown Agents in Central Asia include, but are not limited to:
- Rationalization of transport and trade logistics to increase cross-border trade in Central Asia (Project for the Asian Development Bank)
- Monitoring of Global Fund projects in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic and Georgia
- EBRD Program for Technical Support of the Banking Sector for Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyz Republic
- Improvement of foreign trade of the Kyrgyz Republic through the introduction of “Single Window”
- Development of the Unified Automated Information System (UAIS) for the State Customs Service of Kyrgyzstan
- Improving the System of Public Procurement in Kyrgyz Republic
- Improving the System of Public Procurement in Tajikistan
- Mongolian Economic Forum
About Batys Transit
“Batys Transit” joint stock company was established in accordance with the Republic of Kazakhstan’s Government decree #1008 of October 7, 2005 in order to execute “Construction of North Kazakhstan – Aktobe region transregional powerline” project.
Batys Transit JSC registered on November 22, 2005. Company shareholders are Mekhenergostroi LLP holding 80% shares and Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company JSC (KEGOC) holding 20% shares.
Batys Transit JSC is the first successful example of public-private partnership in Kazakhstan. From the day of establishment projects completed:
- Concessional project “Construction and operation of North Kazakhstan-Aktobe region transregional 500kV powerline” (project value 188 mln. us dollars, in operation since 2009)
- Investment project “Construction and operation of 220kV powerline to provide Transnational Company Kazchrome JSC Aktobe ferroalloy plant’s melting shop #4 with external electricity supply” (project value 20 mln. us dollars, in operation since 2013)
Currently, in accordance with public-private partnership agreement between “Batys Transit” JSC and “Administration of energy and housing and public utilities” new PPP project “Construction and operation of Atyrau city street light grid” is in implementation phase.
Over the period of operation, Batys Transit JSC became widely known as the first successful concessioner due to unique experience in public-private partnership, exemplary work with government, ministries and authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan as well as international financial and other institutions such as Eurasian Development Bank, United States Trade and Development Agency, EBRD and IFC. Batys Transit JSC continues development and works on new public-private partnership projects by virtue of skilled team and accumulated knowledge and experience.
Larisa Zagnitko Crown Agents Media Office Eastern Europe and Central Asia firstname.lastname@example.org Mob .: +380 67 170 88 74