This two-week programme combines:
Pensions Management: Asset Allocation and Capital Market Issues in Developing Economies 05 days
Pension Management: Supervision and Governance in Developing Economies 05 days
Governments and private sector employers are reviewing their pension commitments and the difficult decisions that have to be considered in order to maintain a sustainable commitment to pension provision.
This course addresses these emerging challenges and provides an in-depth insight into the investment management issues facing pension schemes in a development environment.
In week one, delegates will focus on understanding pension principles and engendering more robust pension scheme provision. This includes a focus on Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) for both Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contribution (DC) schemes and an assessment of how asset values can be protected against inflation and market fluctuation.
In week two, you will explore how to build sustainable and inclusive systems which assure decent retirement incomes for pension scheme members. With a focus on real-life examples delivered by trainers with extensive on-the-ground international experience, it examines best practice concepts, and delivers clear practical guidance steps that will empower delegates to contribute to the development and delivery of sustainable pension schemes in their own environment.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand pension principles and engender more robust pension scheme provision
- Apply best practice governance to ensure more effective management of pension scheme risks
- Design and implement change in pension schemes to make them more sustainable and operationally efficient
- Shape objectives and informed decision making on the proper investment of pension scheme assets
- Identify the specific opportunities and threats relating to investment of pension fund assets:
- - In domestic and overseas market
- - In mainstream securities and private assets such as Private Equity and Infrastructure
- Scheme types
- Changes in pension provision
- The role of the actuary
- The valuation process
- Funding and investment management, including Private Equity and Infrastructure
- Portfolio management and performance measurement
- Scheme administration and governance
- Legislation and regulation
- Governance & Strategy
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.