Retirement can look often appear to be a distant paradise but may also be daunting. The current demands placed upon us leave little time to ponder our retirement, which is essentially the last transition in our lives. Prior planning is therefore an important factor for a successful retirement.
In this highly interactive programme, which draws on the latest tools, support and research into retirement, participants will be taken through a personal transformational journey to help them make the transition and overcome the practical and emotional challenges they will face going into retirement.
This workshop will focus on self-discovery and the personal skills required to make the necessary changes, embrace new activities and achieve a balanced and rewarding lifestyle in retirement. Key insights into all aspects of planning will enable participants to define and manage their legacy, their lifestyle and their portfolio of activities in a financially sustainable way.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand their own personality - the way they live their life; what matters to them; how they make decisions and the legacy they behind
- Reflect on their career and their unique set of talents, and appreciate their impact on others
- Identify methods of support during this challenging transition
- Consider and plan new ways of being productive and giving back to others
- Understand and use interpersonal skills and behaviours to make their retirement plan work
- Plan to maintain physical health and fitness, and embrace relaxation techniques and a curiosity for learning
- Appreciate the fundamentals of financial planning
- Self-analysis of personality preferences
- Realising your legacy
- Key values and beliefs – reflecting on your career, milestones, talents and retirement drivers
- Dealing with change and seeking support in retirement
- Skills to realise a retirement plan:communication style, influencing, and presentation skills
- Being productive, e.g. through consultancy skills, advisory work, coaching and mentoring, and training work
- Giving back through charity or voluntary work
- Planning leisure time – strategies for health, fitness, relaxation, enjoyment and lifelong learning
- Financial planning:income strategies, budgeting and managing your investment portfolio
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.