“People with well-developed emotional skills are also more likely to be content and effective in their lives, mastering the habits of mind that foster their own productivity…”
Daniel Goleman, Author, Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence (EQ) enables you to bring thinking and feelings together, working in harmony with cognitive intelligence, to create a more rounded and successful individual. EQ is now increasingly recognised by organisations worldwide as an important leadership quality. The emotionally intelligent leader will be more resilient, have better work
relationships and make smarter and more authentic decisions.
This course is led by a leading expert in the field and is suitable both for those that are completely new to the concept and those who want to take their understanding to an advanced level. Through group working, coaching, quizzes and simulation exercises, this highly interactive training will equip you with the insight and skills to develop your emotional intelligence and use it to positive effect in the workplace.
This is week one of The Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Toolkit and the Emotional Intelligence, Coaching and Mentoring Toolkit.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Gain insight into your emotional intelligence – how you view yourself and how others view you
- Understand your emotions and ‘trigger points’ and harness them for improved outcomes at work
- Examine and challenge entrenched ideas and self-limiting behaviours
- Use your improved social, empathetic and listening skills to build better relationships
- Bring IQ and EQ into greater harmony to make more considered and smarter business decisions
- Use the skills learned to build your resilience and manage stress
- The power and importance of emotional intelligence in the modern workplace
- Understanding the science behind the emotions we feel
- Assessing your level of emotional intelligence and behavioural styles
- Empathy, listening skills and tuning into the feelings of others
- Improving resilience and managing stress
- Managing the emotional aspects of change
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.