This programme is designed for those who are either new to management, or have been managing for a while but have not completed any formal training. It offers an opportunity to improve your performance as a manager and gain an internationally recognised management qualification.
It focuses on four main areas: understanding what is needed to be a successful manager; problem solving and making decisions; understanding your organisation’s needs; delegation and effective team working. Delegates will also gain influencing skills and learn a number of key techniques to deliver impactful presentations and team briefings. Delegates will receive a one year student membership of ILM, gaining access to an electronic database of tools, techniques and relevant articles on management.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the key attributes of the successful manager
- Adapt your management style to improve performance for yourself and your team
- Break down problems and come up with workable solutions
- Delegate effectively to ensure targets are met
- Use influencing skills to achieve your goals
- Develop your innovative thinking and introduce new ideas
- Use key techniques to deliver impactful presentations and team briefings
- Solving problems and effective decision making
- Organisation and delegation
- The role of a manager in meeting stakeholders’ expectations
- Understanding your own management style to increase self-awareness
- Key skills to manage team morale and build effective teams
- Influencing to increase collaboration and deliver results
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.