Pakistan Support for Privatisation Activity /
Privatising to drive economic development
We advised the Government of Pakistan in its efforts to effectively privatise selected public-sector enterprises (PSEs). Our two main responsibilities under Support for Privatisation Activity (SPF) were supporting and providing quality assurance to the Privatisation Commission’s (PC) efforts to administer and manage the privatisation agenda, and supporting efforts to reform the corporate governance structure of poor-performing PSEs.
Building institutional capacity for a better economic future
The last phase of the programme saw our focus shift towards building capacity in the PC. We led their organisational restructuring, revised salary and personnel policy, partly by revising 32 job descriptions within the organisation.
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate methods of privatisation
- Drafting policy reform based on in-depth analysis of relevant corporate and institutional frameworks
- Conducting quality assurance of technical, legal, HR, operations and financial due diligence reports and methods of privatisation
- Developing and improving existing communications strategies
- Digitising operating systems to provide reliable data to support the introduction of international best practice throughout the Privatisation Commission