Crown Agents Ltd
Deadline for concept notes: Oct 21, 2022
Preferred Start Date: Dec 5, 2022
Location: Whole of Ukraine
Contract Type: Grant Agreement
Contract Amount: x2 awards of up to 211,000 USD per award
The Ukraine Civil Society Emergency Response Fund is a Crown Agents initiative first launched in May 2022 that is designed to meet the immediate and emerging needs of the people of Ukraine following the Russian invasion on the 24th February 2022. This fund supports and enables Ukrainian civil society organizations to continue to deliver essential services for local communities across Ukraine, whilst also aiming to increase sustainability, long-term recovery, as well as the effectiveness and quality of programming through the provision of grants and technical assistance.
Crown Agents is looking to fund two Ukrainian civil society organizations to carry out projects which support the objectives of the fund. Each project is expected to take place over a maximum of 6 months and should not exceed a funding cap of $211,000 USD per project. Organisations should be registered in Ukraine, have prior experience to working directly with the affected communities in Ukraine, and have experience implementing the activities they are seeking funding for.
Projects that address one of the below listed objectives will be given a strong preference, however Crown Agents may consider projects which fall outside of the primary objectives but make a compelling case for support.
1. Projects focused on the sustainable recovery and rehabilitation of infrastructure in Ukraine, including energy, waste and water management or the provision of public services such as education, health and recreation facilities
2. Projects which respond to the urgent shelter and housing needs of Internally Displaced People (IDPs) in Ukraine, strengthening the resilience of such communities throughout the winter months or supporting the conditions necessary for them to return home
All concepts must meet the UCSERF eligibility criteria which is stated below:
- Responsive to a demand or demonstrated need from affected stakeholders.
- Action to promote and support sustainable national and local delivery actors
- Generation and use of data and evidence for use to support improved outcomes for those in Ukraine.
- Flexible and adaptive programming.
- Strong linkages and alignment to other programmes, actors, and sectors in the sustainable recovery space.
- Understanding and analysis of context at national, state/region and programme level.
- Mainstream conflict and gender sensitivity and ‘do no harm’.
- Mainstream risk management.
- Ensure transparent communication.
- Achievable in the proposed timeframe.
- Financially sound and adequately and accurately resourced
Crown Agents reserves the right to award multiple or none of the completed applications submitted. Grants will be awarded in conjecture with quality, as evaluated through the criteria listed above and perceived needs.
All concept notes must be submitted electronically in English and include the following documents.
- Concept note in the provided application template
- A copy of your organization’s registration document
There is no need to submit any other documents, supplementary attachments will not be reviewed by the evaluation team. Hand-written applications will not be accepted. Application forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:00 GMT on 21st October 2022.
Stage 1: Deadline of submission concepts. October 21st
Stage 2: Shortlist of concept bidders developed with all the applicants being notified of the outcome of the appraisal of their concepts. October 28th
Stage 3: Selected concepts are invited to submit full proposals will receive further specific guidance and templates on the preparation of proposals at the time of invitation. November 4th
Stage 4: Organizations will undergo due diligence. W/C November 7th
Stage 5: Deadline for proposals. November 25th
Stage 6: Organizations will undergo a capacity assessment. W/C November 28th
Stage 7: Contracts awarded and projects commence. W/C December 5th
Crown Agents Vision and Mission
Our vision and mission run through every part of Crown Agents and our Charitable branches CAID, and the Crown Agents Foundation. These reflect our culture and define who we are as the Crown Agents Group.
To relieve poverty, distress and suffering of people in any part of the world by tangibly transforming their lives for the better.
We will achieve this by transforming the people’s lives through supply chain activity, climate-positive capacity and resilience building, focusing on the most vulnerable populations where the world’s greatest needs and greatest challenges converge.