Specific Procurement Notice (SPN)
|Procurement Title||Power Sector Threshold Program Support Contractor (PSTSC) Services|
|Procurement Ref. Number||GAM-3002|
|Type of Procurement (goods, works or services as applicable)||Consulting Services (Firms)|
|Publication Date||20 October 2022|
|Submission Deadline||2:00 pm GMT, 6 January 2023|
- The Government of the Republic of The Gambia (“Government”) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) entered into a grant agreement as of November 16, 2021, under which MCC provides up to $25 million of grant assistance for a “Threshold Program” (the “Threshold Program Grant Agreement”). The Government intends to apply a part of the proceeds of that funding to payments for contracts for goods, works and services. The Government has formed an accountable entity, known as Millennium Challenge Account–Gambia (“MCA-Gambia”), within the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (the “Ministry”), to manage the Threshold Program.
- The Threshold Program consists of the Power Sector Governance Project (the “Governance Project” or “PSGP”) and the Power Sector Operations Project (the “Operations Project” or “PSOP”), both of which will build upon ongoing projects and programs in the sector. To do so, the program plans to: (1) develop more effective, accountable, and transparent power sector governance in The Gambia; and (2) improve the National Water and Electricity Company’s (“NAWEC”) capability to operate the Gambian power system in a manner that reduces the frequency and duration of outages and is consistent with The Gambia’s universal access and conditional emissions goals as put forward in its nationally determined contributions. It is expected that the Program will be completed within 4 years.
- MCC requires that all beneficiaries of MCC Funding, including the MCA Entity and any applicants, Bidders, Suppliers, contractors, Subcontractors, consultants, and sub-consultants under any MCC-funded contracts, observe the highest standards of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. MCC’s Policy on Preventing, Detecting and Remediating Fraud and Corruption in MCC Operations (“MCC’s AFC Policy”) is applicable to all procurements and contracts involving MCC Funding and can be found on the MCC website at: https://www.mcc.gov/resources/doc/policy-fraud-and-corruption.
- MCA-Gambia now invites proposals from legally constituted consulting firms and other organizations to provide the PSTSC services. More details on these services are provided in the Terms of Reference in Section V of the RFP.
- A Consultant will be selected under the Quality and Cost-Based Selection (“QCBS”) method, the evaluation procedure of which is described in Section III of the RFP in accordance with the “MCC Program Procurement Guidelines” provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.Consultants interested in submitting a Proposal should register by clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/PSTSC_RFP_Request, fill the form as required and the RFP will be made automatically available to them.
- The deadline for submission of Applications is 2:00 pm GMT, on 6 January 2023.
- Contact Information:
Interim Procurement Agent – MCA Gambia
|Tel:||+1 202 753 8653|
|E-mail:||Franklin.Ibemessie@crownagents.co.uk with a copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.|