SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
|Project Name||Lesotho Compact II Development Program|
|Procurement Title||Technical Evaluation Panel Members for Health Systems Strengthening Procurements|
|Procurement Ref. Number||LMDA/CD/C/19/2022|
|Type of Procurement||Consulting Services (Individual Consultant)|
|Employer||Lesotho Millennium Development Agency (LMDA)|
|Publication Date||September 8, 2022|
5:00 pm SAST (GMT+2). September 26, 2022
- The United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) and the Government of Lesotho (the “Government”) are working together to develop a second Millennium Challenge Compact to help facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth in Lesotho (the “Compact”). To support this effort, MCC entered into a Grant and Implementation Agreement (the “Grant and Implementation Agreement”) with the Government in the amount of approximately Nine Million Seven Hundred Forty Thousand U.S. Dollars ($9,740,000) (“MCC Funding”). The Government, acting through the Millennium Challenge Account – Lesotho Millennium Development Agency (LMDA) (the “MCA-Entity”), intends to apply a portion of the MCC Funding to eligible payments under a contract for which this Specific Procurement Notice (“SPN”) is issued.
- Any payments made by the MCA Entity under the proposed contract will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Compact Development and Implementation Agreement and related documents, including restrictions on the use and distribution of MCC Funding. No party other than the Government and the MCA Entity shall derive any rights from the proposed Compact or have any claim to the proceeds of MCC Funding. The proposed Compact and its related documents can be found on the MCC website (www.mcc.gov) and on the website of the MCA Entity (www.lmda.org.ls).
- MCC requires that all beneficiaries of MCC Funding, including the MCA Entity and any applicants, Bidders, Suppliers, contractors, Subcontractors, consultants, and sub-consultants under any MCC-funded contracts, observe the highest standards of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. MCC’s Policy on Preventing, Detecting and Remediating Fraud and Corruption in MCC Operations (“MCC’s AFC Policy”) is applicable to all procurements and contracts involving MCC Funding and can be found on the MCC website at: https://www.mcc.gov/resources/doc/policy-fraud-and-corruption.
- LMDA now invites Applications from eligible Individual Consultants to provide the consultant services as Technical Evaluation Panel Members for Health Systems Strengthening Procurements.
More details are provided in the Terms of Reference of the Request for Application (RFA).
- Location: The location of the assignment is Maseru, Lesotho.
- Anticipated Start Date: December 2022.
- Individual Consultants will be selected under the Individual Consultants Selection (ICS) method in accordance with the procedures set out in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines which are provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- Consultants interested in receiving the RFA and submitting Application should register their interest by sending an e-mail to Zenobia.Maddy@crownagents.co.uk with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: (Request for Health Systems Strengthening TEP RFA) giving full contact details of the Consultant. This will ensure that the Consultants receive updates regarding the RFA.
- The deadline for submission of Applications is 5:00 pm SAST (GMT+2), September 26, 2022.