September 9, 2022
MCC Mozambique Compact II in Zambézia Province Detailed Traffic Surveys on MCC Candidate Roads
- The Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) is in active collaboration with the Government of Mozambique, via the Compact Development Team (Gabinete do Desenvolvimento do Compacto-II (“GDC-II”), to develop a second Compact in Mozambique (Compact II). Compact II will contain a program focused on addressing selected root causes of Mozambique’s binding constraints of (1) poor agricultural policy, legal and regulatory framework, and (2) poor and climate vulnerable rural road infrastructure and low freight transport market competitiveness.
- The Government of the Republic of Mozambique (GOM) has asked MCC to work in the strategic and highly impoverished province of Zambezia to actively promote inclusive economic opportunity, climate and coastal resilience, and improved quality/access to public services and infrastructure. Projects under consideration include the following:
- Connectivity and Rural Transport
- Climate-smart, sustainable, and cost-effective rural road transport connectivity
- Complementary sector reforms and institutional capacity building
- Catalyze private sector-led strategies and investment
- Investment Promotion in Commercial Agriculture
- Reform institutions and policies to catalyze an inclusive commercial agriculture sector
- Strengthen the investment framework, capacity, and agricultural production
- Support gender-equitable opportunities and solutions
- Integrated Climate Management and Coastal Development
- Enable community-led mangrove and seagrass reforestation and land-use planning
- Investigate the feasibility of marine economies and potential application of blue carbon credits.
- In furtherance of this development process, the Government, supported by MCC, will procure services of a Consulting Firm to conduct Classified Traffic Counts and Origin Destination (OD) Surveys on the candidate road segments in Mozambique, Zambezia Province.
- This Specific Procurement Notice and Request for Consultants’ Qualifications (RCQ), follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared in dgMarket on July 20,2022 and DevBusiness online on July 21, 2022.
- The GDC now invites proposals from legally constituted consulting firms and other organizations to provide the consulting services (“Proposals”). More details on these services are provided in the Terms of Reference of the RCQ.
- This RCQ is open to all eligible entities (“Consulting Firms”) who wish to respond. Subject to restrictions noted in the RCQ, consultants may associate with other consultants to enhance their capacity to successfully carry out the assignment.
- A Consultant will be selected under the Consultant Qualification Selection (“CQS”) method, an evaluation procedure that is described in the “MCC Program Procurement Guidelines” provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- Consultants interested in receiving the full RCQ and submitting Qualifications should register their interest by sending an e-mail (with subject: Request for Engineering Detailed Traffic Surveys on MCC Candidate Roads RCQ) to the Interim Procurement Agent at Zenobia.Maddy@crownagents.co.uk, with copy to Marcos.Ozorio@acg.crownagents.com giving full contact details of the Consultant. This will ensure that the Consultants receive updates regarding this RCQ.
- The deadline for submission of qualifications is 5:00pm SAST (GMT +2) on October 3, 2022.
Higino Francisco de Marrule
Gabinete do Desenvolvimento do Compacto-II, Mozambique