SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
|Project Name||Sierra Leone Compact Development Program|
|Procurement Title||Individual Consultant Services for Power Engineer|
|Procurement Ref. Number||SLCDU/CDF/IC/2022/08|
|Type of Procurement||Consulting Services (Individual Consultant)|
|Employer||Sierra Leone Compact Development Unit (SLCDU)|
|Publication Date||September 5, 2022|
|Submission Deadline||10:00am GMT, September 23, 2022|
- The United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”), and the Republic of Sierra Leone (the “Government”) signed a Compact Development Funding Agreement (as amended or otherwise modified, the “Grant Agreement”) on March 3, 2022, pursuant to which MCC agreed to provide a grant of up to Eleven Million, Nine Hundred and Seventy Thousand, Three Hundred and Seventy-Five U.S Dollars ($11,970,375) (“MCC Funding”) to the Government to facilitate the development and implementation of a proposed Millennium Challenge Compact between the United States of America and Sierra Leone (such processes, collectively, “Compact Facilitation”).
- The Government has designated the Sierra Leone Compact Development Unit (SLCDU) to oversee and implement the compact development process in accordance with the terms of the Grant Agreement. The Grant Agreement requires the Government (including any designee) to ensure that it procures all goods, works and services related to Compact Facilitation in accordance with the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines (“PPG”). The Government, acting through the Sierra Leone Compact Development Unit, intends to apply a portion of the MCC Funding to eligible payments under a contract for which this Specific Procurement Notice (“SPN”) is issued.
- Any payments made by the SLCDU under the proposed contract will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Grant Agreement and related documents, including restrictions on the use and distribution of MCC Funding. No party other than the Government and the SLCDU shall derive any rights from the proposed Compact or have any claim to the proceeds of MCC Funding. The Compact Development Funding Agreement and its related documents can be found on the MCC website (www.mcc.gov).
- MCC requires that all beneficiaries of MCC Funding, including the MCA Entity and any applicants, Bidders, Suppliers, contractors, Subcontractors, consultants, and sub-consultants under any MCC-funded contracts, observe the highest standards of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. MCC’s Policy on Preventing, Detecting and Remediating Fraud and Corruption in MCC Operations (“MCC’s AFC Policy”) is applicable to all procurements and contracts involving MCC Funding and can be found on the MCC website at: https://www.mcc.gov/resources/doc/policy-fraud-and-corruption.
- SLCDU now invites Applications from eligible Individual Consultants to provide the consultant services for Power Engineer.
More details are provided in the Terms of Reference of the Request for Application (RFA).
- Location: The location of the assignment is Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- Anticipated Start Date: October 2022.
- Duration of Assignment: 12 Months
- Individual Consultants will be selected under the Individual Consultants Selection (ICS) method in accordance with the procedures set out in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines which are provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- Consultants interested in receiving the RFA and submitting Application should register their interest by sending an e-mail to The Interim Procurement Agent, Zenobia.Maddy@crownagents.co.uk, copy to The Procurement Manager SLCDU, SLCDU.firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: (Request for Power Engineer RFA) giving full contact details of the Consultant. This will ensure that the Consultants receive updates regarding the RFA.
- The deadline for submission of Applications is 10:00 am GMT, September 23, 2022.
Ndeye Fatu Koroma
National Coordinator, Sierra Leone Compact Development Unit