Specific Procurement Notice (SPN)
|Project Name||Timor Leste Compact Development Program|
|Procurement Title||Technical Evaluation Panel Members for Water, Sanitation and Drainage Project Procurements|
|Procurement Ref. Number||RFA/TTP/2022/Cons/IC/003-WSD TEP|
|Type of Procurement (goods, works or services as applicable)||Consulting Services (Individual Consultants)|
|Employer||Compact Development Team – Timor Leste (CDT-TL)|
|Publication Date||03 November 2022|
|Submission Deadline|| 10.00 pm Dili, Timor Leste time (GMT+9) on
17 November 2022
- The U.S. government’s Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of Timor-Leste have entered into a $420 million grant agreement (Compact), partnering to deliver sustainable and inclusive economic growth for the people of Timor-Leste.
The Timor-Leste Compact seeks to improve the health and skills of people in Timor-Leste by reducing the disease burden caused by contaminated water sources and enhancing teaching and learning at the secondary school level. The compact is comprised of two projects:
- Increasing Access to Clean Water. The Water and Sanitation (WSD) project will introduce the country’s first centralized sanitation and wastewater treatment system, improve related drainage, and supply clean drinking water for the capital city of Dili and four nearby municipalities. The WSD Project will ultimately supply disinfected water to 429,000 residents in Dili and 64,000 residents in the surrounding area.
- Improving Education Outcomes. The Teaching and Leading the Next generation of Timorese (TALENT) project aims to improve student learning outcomes through teacher and school leader education and training. The TALENT project will work with the government of Timor-Leste’s education ministries to establish a Center of Excellence and ensure all students graduating from secondary education have the skills necessary to pursue higher education and enter the workforce, benefitting nearly a million Timorese students over the next twenty years.
- The Government, acting through the Compact Development Team – Timor Leste (the “MCA-Entity”), intends to apply a portion of the MCC Funding to eligible payments under a contract for which this Specific Procurement Notice (“SPN”) is
- Any payments made by the MCA Entity under the proposed contract will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Compact Development Funding (CDF) Grant Agreement and related documents, including restrictions on the use and distribution of MCC No party other than the Government and the MCA Entity shall derive any rights from the proposed Compact or have any claim to the proceeds of MCC Funding. The proposed Compact and its related documents can be found on the MCC website (www.mcc.gov).
- MCC requires that all beneficiaries of MCC Funding, including the MCA Entity and any applicants, Bidders, Suppliers, contractors, Subcontractors, consultants, and sub-consultants under any MCC-funded contracts, observe the highest standards of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. MCC’s Policy on Preventing, Detecting and Remediating Fraud and Corruption in MCC Operations (“MCC’s AFC Policy”) is applicable to all procurements and contracts involving MCC Funding and can be found on the MCC website at: https://www.mcc.gov/resources/doc/policy-fraud-and-corruption.
- Compact Development Team – Timor Leste (CDT-TL) now invites Applications from eligible Individual Consultants to provide the consultant services as Technical Evaluation Panel Members (TEP). The Individual Consultants shall have expertise in the following technical areas:
- Engineering and related technical services
- Water sector capital investments, utility operations or management
More details are provided in the Terms of Reference of the Request for Application (RFA).
- Location: The evaluation process will be conducted virtually via video conference and a file sharing service. Consultants will be expected to have their own computer and internet connection to access meetings and files related to the evaluation.
- Anticipated Start Date: Mid-December 2022
- Individual Consultants will be selected under the Individual Consultants Selection (ICS) method in accordance with the procedures set out in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines which are provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- The Fees shall be competitive market rates as determined by a price reasonableness
- Consultants interested in receiving the RFA and submitting Application should register their interest by sending an e-mail to the Interim Procurement Agent: Aina Rakotomanga at Aina.Rakotomanga.co.uk with copy to the Compact Development team – Timor Leste, Interim Procurement Representative, Nuno Trindade, email: email@example.com, with subject: (Request for WSD TEP RFA) giving full contact details of the Consultant. This will ensure that the Consultants receive updates regarding the RFA.
- The deadline for submission of Applications is 00pm Dili, Timor Leste time (GMT+9), on 17 November 2022.
- Contact Information:
Interim Procurement Agent – Timor Leste
|E-mail:||Aina.Rakotomanga@crownagents.co.uk with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org|