RFA/TTP/2023/Cons/IC/004 – Procurement of Individual Consultants for Water Sanitation and Drainage Project /
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
- The U.S. government’s Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of Timor-Leste have entered into a $420 million grant agreement (Compact), partnering to deliver sustainable and inclusive economic growth for the people of Timor-Leste.
The Timor-Leste Compact seeks to improve the health and skills of people in Timor-Leste by reducing the disease burden caused by contaminated water sources and enhancing teaching and learning at the secondary school level. The compact is comprised of two projects:
- Increasing Access to Clean Water. The Water and Sanitation (WSD) project will introduce the country’s first centralized sanitation and wastewater treatment system, improve related drainage, and supply clean drinking water for the capital city of Dili and four nearby municipalities. The WSD Project will ultimately supply disinfected water to 429,000 residents in Dili and 64,000 residents in the surrounding area.
- Improving Education Outcomes. The Teaching and Leading the Next generation of Timorese (TALENT) project aims to improve student learning outcomes through teacher and school leader education and training. The TALENT project will work with the government of Timor-Leste’s education ministries to establish a Center of Excellence and ensure all students graduating from secondary education have the skills necessary to pursue higher education and enter the workforce, benefitting nearly a million Timorese students over the next twenty years.
- MCC requires that all beneficiaries of MCC Funding, including the MCA Entity and any applicants, Bidders, Suppliers, contractors, Subcontractors, consultants, and sub-consultants under any MCC-funded contracts, observe the highest standards of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. MCC’s Policy on Preventing, Detecting and Remediating Fraud and Corruption in MCC Operations (“MCC’s AFC Policy”) is applicable to all procurements and contracts involving MCC Funding and can be found on the MCC website at: https://www.mcc.gov/resources/doc/policy-fraud-and-corruption.
- The term “MCA Entity” means the Millennium Challenge Account – Timor-Leste (“MCA-Timor-Leste”), the accountable entity that will be created and designated by the Government to implement the Compact. Prior to the establishment of MCA-Timor-Leste, any references to actions taken or rights received by MCA- Timor-Leste in this RFP, including in the Form of Contract, shall be taken or received by “Timor-Leste – Compact Development Team” and any references herein to MCA Entity or MCA- Timor-Leste shall be deemed to mean Timor-Leste – Compact Development Team during this period.
- The MCA Entity now invites Applications from eligible Individual Consultants to provide consultant services on the following positions for Timor-Leste Water, Sanitation and Drainage (WSD) Project:
- Wastewater Treatment Engineering Specialist/Team Leader
- Sanitation and Drainage Conveyance Engineering Specialist
- Institutional Specialist – WSD Project Institutional & Regulatory Reform
- Specialist – WSD Environmental and Social Performance & Resettlement
More details on the qualifications required are provided in the Terms of Reference of the Request for Application (RFA).
- Contract start date and duration. The location of the assignment is Dili, Timor-Leste. The duration of each contract is eighteen (18) months with a possibility of extension.
- Individual Consultants will be selected under the Individual Consultants Selection (ICS) method in accordance with the procedures set out in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines which are provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- The Fees shall be competitive market rates as determined by a price reasonableness
- Consultants interested in receiving the RFA can submit their details using the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/132L6WZQtb. Please fill in the form to get access to the solicitation documents. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Nuno Trindade, Email: email@example.com until March 22, 2023.
- The deadline for submission of Applications is 10:00 pm, Dili Timor-Leste time (GMT+9) on April 4, 2023.
- Contact Information:
Interim Procurement Agent