MOZ/2023/ICS/CDF/04 – Technical Evaluation Panel (TEP) Members for Infrastructure-Related Projects /
REPÚBLICA DE MOÇAMBIQUE
MINISTÉRIO DA ECONOMIA E FINANÇAS
GABINETE DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DO COMPACTO II
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
May 23, 2023
Technical Evaluation Panel (TEP) Members for Infrastructure-Related Projects
- The Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) is in final preparations to sign a Compact with the Government of the Republic of Mozambique, which will seek to address a binding constraint to economic growth: costly and underdeveloped financial intermediation. The Compact, which will include a $49 million contribution from the Government of the Republic of Mozambique in addition to the $649 million of MCC grant funding, aims to unlock financing flows in a way that will catalyze economic growth and leverage Mozambique’s own resources.
- The Mozambique Compact aims to address key root causes of costly and underdeveloped financial intermediation by improving the financing of infrastructure, particularly transport and logistics infrastructure, and increasing access to finance for micro-, small and medium enterprises.
- The proposed Compact has identified Zambezia, a highly impoverished province, as a target area for investment. In Zambezia, we will work to promote inclusive economic growth, climate and coastal resilience, and improved quality/access to public services and infrastructure through the following three projects: Connectivity and Rural Transport; Promoting Reform and Investment in Agriculture Project; Integrated Climate Management and Coastal Development.
- The term “MCA Entity” means the Millennium Challenge Account – Mozambique (“MCA-Mozambique”), the accountable entity that will be created and designated by the Government to implement the Compact. Prior to the establishment of MCA-Mozambique, any references to actions taken or rights received by MCA-Mozambique in this RFA, including in the Form of Contract, shall be taken or received by “the Gabinete do Desenvolvimento do Compacto-II” and any references herein to MCA Entity or MCA-Mozambique shall be deemed to mean the “the Gabinete do Desenvolvimento do Compacto-II” or “GDC” during this period.
- This Specific Procurement Notice and Request for Application (RFA), follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared in dgMarket and UNDB Online on April 26, 2023.
- GDC now invites Applications from eligible Individual Consultants to provide the consultant services as Technical Evaluation Panel (TEP) Members to evaluate a variety of proposals in the following areas: Feasibility Studies for Good Practice Demonstration Projects; Public Investment Management Guidelines (PIMG) & Project Preparation and Delivery Facility (PPDF); Transport Planning Reform; Logistics Studies; Social & Gender Integration Plan and Assessments and possibly other related studies.
More details on these services are provided in the Terms of Reference of the Request for Application (RFA).
- Contract start date and duration. Consultants will be expected to work from their home country or another remote location unless travel is explicitly requested by GDC. The duration of each contract may be for a period of twelve (12) months, which can be extended by mutual consent. The level of effort of each TEP assignment is between 10 to 15 working days per procurement/Technical Evaluation Panel.
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2023.
- Individual Consultants will be selected under the Individual Consultants Selection (ICS) method in accordance with the procedures set out in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines which are provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- Consultants interested in receiving the RFA and submitting applications should register using the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/RfLBbUhjuc Please fill in the form to get access to the RFA document.
- The deadline for submission of Application is 5:00pm SAST (GMT +2) on June 6, 2023.
Higino Francisco de Marrule
Gabinete do Desenvolvimento do Compacto-II, Mozambique