- The Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) is in active collaboration with the Government of Mozambique, via the Compact Development Team (Gabinete do Desenvolvimento do Compacto-II (“GDC”), to develop a second Compact in Mozambique (Compact II). Compact II will contain a program focused on addressing selected root causes of Mozambique’s binding constraints of (1) poor agricultural policy, legal and regulatory framework, and (2) poor and climate vulnerable rural road infrastructure and low freight transport market competitiveness.
- The Government of the Republic of Mozambique (GOM) has asked MCC to work in the strategic and highly impoverished province of Zambezia to actively promote inclusive economic opportunity, climate and coastal resilience, and improved quality/access to public services and infrastructure. Projects under consideration include the following:
- Connectivity and Rural Transport
- Climate-smart, sustainable, and cost-effective rural road transport connectivity
- Complementary sector reforms and institutional capacity building
- Catalyze private sector-led strategies and investment
- Investment Promotion in Commercial Agriculture
- Reform institutions and policies to catalyze an inclusive commercial agriculture sector
- Strengthen the investment framework, capacity, and agricultural production
- Support gender-equitable opportunities and solutions
- Integrated Climate Management and Coastal Development
- Enable community-led mangrove and seagrass reforestation and land-use planning
- Investigate the feasibility of marine economies and potential application of blue carbon credits.
- In furtherance of this development process, the Government, supported by MCC, will procure services for the “Engineering Feasibility Studies on the N1 Road between Chimuara and Nicoadala”. Through this solicitation, we seek to procure services to conduct the engineering and associated studies to update the feasibility and design information obtained previously (Techniplan Design Study of 2011) to consider changes that have occurred since the original work was done. These Studies include reviewing the designs in the light of latest traffic information, the latest approach to climate change, the need for improvements to the vertical alignment of the geometric design and the need to confirm materials planning with testing to increase confidence in the pavement design and cost estimate. The final output of the assignment will be Report containing an updated BOQ and cost estimate for the works on this section of the N1 arterial highway.
- This Specific Procurement Notice and Request for Consultants’ Qualifications (RCQ), follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared in dgMarket on July 20,2022 and DevBusiness online on July 21, 2022.
- The GDC now invites proposals from legally constituted consulting firms and other organizations to provide the consulting services (“Proposals”). More details on these services are provided in the Terms of Reference of the RCQ.
- This RCQ is open to all eligible entities (“Consulting Firms”) who wish to respond. Subject to restrictions noted in the RCQ, consultants may associate with other consultants to enhance their capacity to successfully carry out the assignment.
- A Consultant will be selected under the Consultant Qualification Selection (“CQS”) method, an evaluation procedure that is described in the “MCC Program Procurement Guidelines” provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- Consultants interested in receiving the full RCQ and submitting Qualifications should register their interest by sending an e-mail (with subject: Request for Engineering Feasibility Studies on the N1 Road between Chimuara and Nicoadala RCQ) to the Interim Procurement Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving full contact details of the Consultant. This will ensure that the Consultants receive updates regarding this RCQ.
- The deadline for submission of qualifications is 5:00pm SAST (GMT +2) on August 26, 2022.
Higino Francisco de Marrule
Gabinete do Desenvolvimento do Compacto-II, Mozambique