Specific Procurement Notice
December 15, 2022
Re: MCA-Lesotho II Human Resources (HR) Recruitment Services
Ladies and Gentlemen,
- The Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho (“Government”) has applied for grant funding from the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”), called a Compact (the “Compact”), and intends to apply a part of the proceeds of that funding to payments for contracts for goods, works and services. The Government has formed a Compact Development Team (CDT) led by the CEO, Lesotho Millennium Development Agency (“LMDA”), for the purpose of developing the Compact. To support these activities, MCC and the Government also entered into a grant agreement, dated February 20, 2019 (as amended or otherwise modified, the “Agreement”), whereby MCC granted to the Government an amount not to exceed nine million, seven hundred forty thousand U.S. Dollars (US$9,740,000) under the authority of Section 609(g) of the Millennium Challenge Act of 2003, as amended (the “Act”), to facilitate the development and implementation of a proposed Compact between the United States of America, acting through MCC, and the Government to help accelerate economic growth and poverty reduction in Lesotho. Subject to the terms and conditions of the Compact, the Agreement, related agreements, and the availability of funds, the Government intends to use a portion of the funds for the Human Resources (HR) Recruitment Services, a form of which is attached to this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) in Section VI.
- In issuing this RFP, the Government is represented by the Lesotho Millennium Development Agency (“LMDA”), a parastatal established in accordance with the laws of Lesotho. LMDA will continue to represent the Government in matters related to the Compact and the Agreement until such time as the Government establishes the Millennium Challenge Account-Lesotho II (“MCA-Lesotho II”) to serve as the accountable entity for implementing the Compact. Prior to the establishment of MCA-Lesotho II, (i) any references to actions taken or rights received on behalf of MCA-Lesotho II in this RFP, including in the Form of Contract, shall mean actions taken or received by LMDA and (ii) any references herein to MCA-Lesotho II shall be deemed to mean LMDA during this period.
MCC is a U.S. government agency focused on assisting countries dedicated to good governance, economic freedom, and investments in people. The proposed Compact includes investment from MCC of approximately US $350 million and a contribution of approximately $26.25 million from the Government. For details, please refer to Annex II of the Compact and Annex III of the Program Implementation Agreement to be entered into between MCC and the Government. MCC website to these documents are available through the following link: https://assets.mcc.gov/content/uploads/compact-lesotho-health-and-horticulture.pdf
- The Compact consists of four (4) proposed projects:
- The Health Systems Strengthening Project will focus on strengthening key elements of the PHC system in Lesotho, such as increasing the capacity of Lesotho’s Ministry of Health (MOH) and ten health districts, fortifying the patient registration and referral systems, improving staff clinical competencies and supervision, integrating budgeting and financial reporting systems, and increasing coordination across all levels of health care staff.
- The Market Driven Irrigated Horticulture Project will focus on making a catalytic investment in irrigation in partnership with commercial investment, providing local capacity building and technical assistance, and supporting reforms in land, water and gender with the expectation that these interventions will spur sustainable and inclusive private sector growth and investment in the horticulture sector.
- The Business Environment and Technical Assistance Project will focus on inclusive, sustainable private sector growth in Lesotho to be stimulated by creating a robust pipeline of businesses and facilitating a public-private dialogue in which these private sector actors can engage with the Government and the Government can respond.
- The American Catalyst Facility for Development Project will focus on activities within the Compact Term and align with the objectives and activities of the Program. Success will be measured by (a) ACFD Project funding expended; (b) DFC funding leveraged and (c) additional private sector funding leveraged (e.g., Lesotho Pension Fund, commercial banks, impact investors).
- LMDA requires the services of a Consultant for Human Resources (“HR”) Recruitment Services for a base period of nine (9) months at a fixed price. Thereafter, the MCA-Entity will require an option period of 15 months at a fixed price. The estimated budget of the assignment is $700,000.
- This Request for Proposal, the RFP, follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared in dgMarket on August 29, 2022, UNDB Online on August 25, 2022 and Local Newspaper on August 26, 2022.
- LMDA now invites proposals from legally constituted consulting firms and other organizations to provide the Human Resources (HR) Recruitment services (“Proposals”). More details on these services are provided in the Terms of Reference in Section V of this RFP.
- This RFP is open to all eligible entities (“Consultants”) who wish to respond. Subject to restrictions noted in the RFP, consultants may associate with other consultants to enhance their capacity to successfully carry out the assignment.
- A Consultant will be selected under the Quality and Cost-Based Selection (“QCBS”) method, the evaluation procedure of which is described in Section III of the RFP in accordance with the “MCC Program Procurement Guidelines” provided on the MCC website (www.mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
The RFP includes the following Sections:
PART 1 – SELECTION PROCEDURES
Section I Instructions to Consultants (“ITC”)
This section provides information to help prospective Consultants prepare their Proposals and describes the procedures for the submission, opening, and evaluation of Proposals and on the award of Contracts.
Section II Proposal Data Sheet (“PDS”)
This section sets out the particular requirements for the specific procurement and supplements the information included in Section I, Instructions to Consultants.
Section III Qualification and Evaluation Criteria
This section describes the criteria and requirements to be used to evaluate the Proposals and select the Consultant to perform the Contract.
Section IV A Technical Proposal Forms
This section contains the Technical Proposal Forms which are to be completed by the prospective Consultants and submitted in a separate envelope as part of their Proposals.
Section IV B Financial Proposal Forms
This section contains the Financial Proposal Forms which are to be completed by the prospective Consultants and submitted in a separate envelope as part of their Proposals.
Section V Terms of Reference
This Section includes the detailed Terms of Reference that describe the nature, tasks, and duties of the consulting services to be procured.
PART 2 – CONTRACT DOCUMENTS
Section VI General Conditions of Contract (“GCC”)
This section contains the form of Contract proposed to be entered into between the MCA Entity and Consultant. The text of the General Conditions of Contract clauses in this section shall not be modified.
Section VII Special Conditions of Contract (“SCC”)
This section contains the form of those clauses of the Contract that supplement the GCC and that are to be completed by the MCA Entity for each procurement of consulting services. The text in this section must not be modified except in limited circumstances, and only with the prior approval of MCC. Additional project-specific conditions may be developed by the MCA Entity, with the approval of MCC, to the extent necessary.
Section VIII Contract Forms and Annexes
This section contains forms and annexes to be sent to the successful Consultant.
- Please note that a Pre-Proposal Conference will be held as described in the Proposal Data Sheet (“PDS”), Section II of the RFP. Attendance at the Pre-Proposal Conference is not mandatory but is strongly advised for all interested Consultants or their representatives.
- The complete RFP can be downloaded through the following link: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/a55b5cb10/icmrbcbs-waw26dp8-ppbnmxbn-mpdd8qwv Consultants interested in submitting a Proposal, should submit a complete registration form (available via the link provided above) by e-mail to the Procurement point of contact Aissata Barry, Interim Procurement Agent (IPA), email :Aissata.Barry@crownagents.co.uk with the reference and subject of the RFP « 10-2022_HR _EOI_Name of Consultant » . This will ensure that the Consultants receive updates, clarifications and/or addendums regarding this RFP.
- Proposals must be delivered electronically to the address and in the manner specified in the PDS ITC 17, no later than 5:00 pm SAST (GMT+2), on March 02, 2023. Late Proposals will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Please note that only electronic Proposals shall be accepted in the manner specified in the PDS ITC 17. Late Proposals will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Jackson Christine, (Ms.)
Crown Agents, Interim Procurement Agent (IPA)
London, United Kingdom