Specific Procurement Notice (SPN)
|Project Name||Malawi Compact II Development Program|
|Procurement Title||Procurement Agent Services|
|Procurement Ref. Number||MMD 3002|
|Type of Procurement (goods, works or services as applicable)||Consulting Services (Firms)|
|Employer||Malawi Millennium Development Trust (MMD)|
|Publication Date||9 August 2022|
|Submission Deadline||5:00 pm CAT, (GMT+2).15 September 2022|
- The United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) and the Government of Malawi (the “Government”) are working together to develop a second Millennium Challenge Compact to help facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth in Malawi (the “Compact”). To support this effort, MCC entered into a Compact Development Funding (CDF) Grant Agreement with the Government in the amount of approximately Eleven Million, Six Hundred Fifty Thousand U.S. Dollars ($11,650,000) (“MCC Funding”). The Government, acting through the Millennium Challenge Account – Malawi Millennium Development Trust (MMD) (the “MCA-Entity”), intends to apply a portion of the MCC Funding to eligible payments under a contract for which this Specific Procurement Notice (“SPN”) is
- Any payments made by the MCA Entity under the proposed contract will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Compact Development Funding (CDF) Grant Agreement and related documents, including restrictions on the use and distribution of MCC No party other than the Government and the MCA Entity shall derive any rights from the proposed Compact or have any claim to the proceeds of MCC Funding. The proposed Compact and its related documents can be found on the MCC website (www.mcc.gov) and on the website of the MCA Entity (www.mmd-malawi.org).
- MCC requires that all beneficiaries of MCC Funding, including the MCA Entity and any applicants, Bidders, Suppliers, contractors, Subcontractors, consultants, and sub-consultants under any MCC-funded contracts, observe the highest standards of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. MCC’s Policy on Preventing, Detecting and Remediating Fraud and Corruption in MCC Operations (“MCC’s AFC Policy”) is applicable to all procurements and contracts involving MCC Funding and can be found on the MCC website at: https://www.mcc.gov/resources/doc/policy-fraud-and-corruption.
- MMD now invites proposals from legally constituted consulting firms and other organizations to provide the Procurement Agent services. More details on these services are provided in the Terms of Reference in Section V of the RFP.
- A Consultant will be selected under the Quality and Cost-Based Selection (“QCBS”) method, the evaluation procedure of which is described in Section III of the RFP in accordance with the “MCC Program Procurement Guidelines” provided on the MCC website (mcc.gov/ppg). The selection process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
- Consultants interested in receiving the RFP and submitting a Proposal should register by sending an e-mail with the subject [Request for Malawi PA Services RFP] to the Procurement Point of Contact, Franklin Ibemessie (Mr.), Interim Procurement Agent for the Malawi Millennium Development Trust, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: MMD Interim Procurement Director – Thenford Mchenga at email@example.com. Consultants should provide their full contact details in the email message. This will ensure that the Consultants receive updates regarding this RFP.
- The deadline for submission of Applications is 5:00 pm CAT (GMT+2), on 15 September 2022.
- Contact Information:
Interim Procurement Agent – MMD
|Tel:||+1 202 753 8653|
|E-mail:||Franklin.Ibemessie@crownagents.co.uk with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org|