Government of Lesotho
Lesotho Millennium Development Agency
Publication Date: August 24, 2022
The United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) and the Government of Lesotho (“GoL”) have entered into a Grant and Implementation Agreement to support the development and facilitation of a Compact. The grant is in the amount of approximately Nine Million Seven Hundred Forty Thousand U.S. Dollars ($9,740,000) (“MCC Funding”). The Government, acting through Lesotho Millennium Development Agency intends to apply parts of the proceeds of the funds to payments for contracts for goods and services.
MCC’s funding is appropriated by the U.S. Congress and obligated to the compact up-front, with no incremental or partial funding. When a contract is signed with an MCA Entity, money is already available to the MCA Entity and, for most contracts, invoices are paid directly to Contractors/Consultants/Suppliers by the US Treasury.
MCC has contracted Crown Agents to perform Procurement Agent Services on behalf of the Government of Lesotho, for the procurements to be funded by the Grant and Implementation Agreement.
The procurement program for the next six (6) months will include the following:
Procurements for August 2022 to February 2023.
|Procurement of Services (to include Consultant Services)|
|1. Capacity Assessment for Gender Integration (Relaunch)
2. Irrigation Policy and Law Consultant
3. Health Strengthening Systems (HSS) Technical Evaluation Panel (TEP) Members
4. Business Environment and Technical Assistance ( BETA) Manager Selection TEP
5. Procurement Consultant
6. HSS, Primary Health Care (PHC) and counter Gender Based Violence support contract (cGBV)
7. Transaction Advisory Firm
8. BETA Managing Firm
9. Financing Health Service Delivery Contract
10. Digital Health Contract
11. Human Resources Recruitment Firm
12. Environmental and Social Impact Assessment ESIAs
13. Market Driven Irrigated Horticulture ( MDIH) Resettlement and Land Firm
14. MDIH Policy and Institutional Reform Firm (irrigation, water, land and gender)
15. MDIH/HSS/BETA- Environmental and Social Oversight Consultant
|Procurement of Goods and Non-consulting Services|
|1. MCA Logo Design
2. Hotel and Conference Facilities
3. Laptops Computers
Some of the listed procurements will be partially funded under Compact Development Fund and under Compact Facility Fund after Compact Signing.
Contracts for goods, works and services financed under the program will be implemented according to the principles, rules and procedures set out in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines, available at www.mcc.gov/ppg.
The procurement is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines.
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be tendered under the competitive bidding procedures and for consultant contracts will be announced, as they become available, on United Nations Development Business (UNDB): http://www.devbusiness.com/, Development Gateway Market (dgMarket): http://www.dgmarket.com/, in local newspapers, LMDA website: http://www.lmda.org.ls/compact-ii/, and other media outlets as appropriate.
Interested eligible contractors and consultants who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive a copy of advertisement(s), for specific procurements, or those requiring additional information, should contact:
Zenobia Maddy (Ms.)
Interim Procurement Agent for the Lesotho Millennium Development Agency