GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE (GPN) – Malawi Millennium Development Trust (MMD) /
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE (GPN)
Government of Malawi
Malawi Millennium Development Trust (MMD)
GPN Version : 2.0
GPN Publication Date : November 29, 2022
The United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), and the Government of Malawi (the Government) signed the following two agreements:
- a Compact Development Funding Grant Agreement, pursuant to which MCC agreed to provide a grant of up to US$11,650,000 to the Government to facilitate development of a compact program; and
- A Compact Agreement under which MCC agreed to provide a grant of US$350,000,000 to the Government to support the execution of a number of preparatory activities leading to Entry Into Force (EIF) of the Compact and after EIF, to fund the implementation of the various activities under the program..
The Government has designated the Malawi Millennium Development Trust (MMD) to implement the Government’s responsibilities under the Agreement and intends to apply part of the funds to payments for contracts for Goods and Services.
MCC has contracted Crown Agents to perform Interim Procurement Agent Services on behalf of the Government, for the procurements to be funded by the Grant and Implementation Agreement.
The procurement program for the twelve (12) months period (1st Dec 2022 to 30th November 2023) will include the following:
|Procurements for 1st December 2022 to 30th November 2023
Estimated Value – US$58,500,000
|Procurement of Goods to include:|
|1. Desktop/Laptop remote access software
2. Surveillance Video Security System
3. Video Conference Room Setup
4. Project Management Software
5. Multifunctional Printers, Printers, Photocopiers and Scanners
6. Mobile Phones/Cell Phones
7. Computer Accessories and Peripherals
8. Office Furniture
9. Office Partitioning
10. GIS Software
11. Office Equipment
12. Air conditioners
13. Kitchen Equipment & Accessories
14. Teleconference Equipment
15. Archiving System
16. Motor Vehicles
17. Branding Materials
18. Computer monitors
|Procurement of Services to include|
|1. External Audit Services
2. Technical Evaluation Panel Members for several consultancy services
3. Banking Services
4. HR Recruitment Services
5. Detailed Design and Supervision Engineer
6. Resettlement and Livelihood Restoration (RLRP) Services
7. Institutional Study to Design the Reform of Competition and Fair Trading Commission
8. Study to Develop a Virtual Marketplace
9. Study of the Rural First Mile Freight Transport
10. Internet Services, PABX System and Telephone services
11. Content / website development
12. Design of Main Road Periodic Maintenance
13. Road Asset Management Consultant
14. Consultancy services to facilitate Gender Based Violence (GBV) reforms in markets
Updated GPNs shall be published as new procurements are added.
Contracts for Goods and Services financed under the program will be implemented according to the principles, rules and procedures set out in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines (PPG) which can be accessed on www.mcc.gov/ppg. The Procurement is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the MCC PPG.
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be tendered under the competitive bidding procedures and for consultant contracts will be announced, as they become available, on United Nations Development Business (UNDB: http://www.devbusiness.com/), Development Gateway Market (dgMarket: http://www.dgmarket.com/), in local newspapers, and other media outlets as appropriate.
Interested eligible bidders and consultants who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive a copy of advertisements, or those requiring additional information, should send an email to the Interim Procurement Agent on firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com using the subject line “GPN 2 for Malawi Millennium Development Trust (MMD)” and indicating which of the procurement items they are interested in.