General Procurement Notice
(CA Ref.: ESDP20)
The below governments have received a grant from the Government of Japan which is financed and implemented within the framework of the supplementary budget FY2020, under the Economic and Social Development Programme.
In this sentence, Crown Agents is the nominated procurement agent for the Recipient Governments and will be conducting the procurement of eligible products and services through request for quotations to Japanese companies.
As a procurement agent on behalf of the Recipient Governments, Crown Agents announces procurement exercises as follows:
1. Eligible Products and /or Services to be procured
- Medical equipment
- Related equipment and/or materials for operation and maintenance of medical equipment
- Any equipment and/or materials required in the medical site(s) in the recipient countries
- Services necessary for the procurement and transportation of the above-mentioned products to be procured
- Training services and other necessary services for operation and maintenance of medical equipment (if required)
- Consulting services (if required)
2. Subject Area / Country
The recipient countries will be updated upon commencement of each grant.
To download the current list of countries and status of request for quotations, please click here. (UPDATE: 15 April 10am)
The procurement will commence for each programme and for each country as soon as the detailed conditions for the procurement of products and / or services to be procured are determined by the recipient country and Crown Agents.
3. Eligible bidders
Bidders must meet all of the following criteria:
(1) Japanese nationals
- Bidders shall be Japanese nationals (Japanese physical persons or juridical persons controlled by Japanese physical persons).
- Bidders shall be Japanese companies incorporated and registered under Japan Law with their headquarters in Japan.
- The majority of bidders’ capital with voting rights shall be owned by Japanese nationals and majority of board members are Japanese physical persons.
- Bidders shall not fall under any of the items of Article 26, paragraph 1 of the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act (Gaikokukawase-oyobi-Gaikokuboeki-Ho, Law No.228 of 1949, Japan).
(2) Bidders must have over 5 years of business experiences and more than 5 track records of delivering medical equipment on an ODA or commercial basis.
(3) Bidders’ current account balance shall not be deficit for 3 consecutive years and bidders shall not be insolvent.
(4) Bidders shall not be under the measures of the Government of Japan and the Japan International Cooperation Agency.
*Additional eligibilities may be required for each procurement.
It is a prerequisite for all companies wishing to participate in the opportunities that they must follow the below procedures.
(1) Registration at the online Supplier Registration Form
Complete the supplier registration form from the ‘REGISTER’ button located at this page.
(2) Submission of the supporting documents by e-mail
Complete the following documents and submit to Crow Agents at email@example.com with the subject header must contain the reference “ESDP20/Registration/Name of the company”.
- Business Partner Questionnaire (PDF format) (click here to download)
- Copies of your company’s audited accounts for the last 3 consecutive years (PDF format)
- Track Record (PDF format) (click here to download)
Advices when sending an e-mail:
- The burden of proving receipt of the e-mail will be on the company and will not be met solely by a read receipt or sent items report generated by the company’s computer.
- All incoming e-mails to Crown Agents are virus scanned prior to acceptance into the destination mailbox. Any e-mail containing a virus will therefore not reach the destination mailbox meaning that the registration has not been received by Crown Agents.
- If deemed receipt of an e-mail is not within business hours (meaning 9.30 am to 5.30 pm Japan time Monday to Friday on a day that is not a public holiday), it is deemed to have been received when business next starts.
Once companies are registered, their registration becomes valid for all the countries to be listed in the “2. Subject Area / Country” above. It is not necessary to register for each country individually.
Request for quotations will be issued only to eligible companies whose online Supplier Registration Forms have been completed and supporting documents have been submitted to Crown Agents by 5.00 pm on the business day prior to the issuing date of each request for quotations.
For further information please contact:
Crown Agents Japan Limited
1st Floor, Sabo Kaikan Honkan, 2-7-5 Hirakawacho,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan
T: +81 (0)3 6261 0142 (SCS Dept.)
F: +81 (0)3 3262 6510
Updated: 15 April 10am