This two-week course includes:
Best Practice in Treasury Management 05 days
Public Debt Management: Issues and Solutions 05 days
This new programme brings together two subjects closely linked to the overall financial health of an organisation: treasury and debt management. These two areas help organisations to see financial flows and available spending, in order to make more informed decisions on financial planning and the acquisition and use of funds.
In week one, delegates will explore how effective monitoring of treasury resources can ensure that the organisation has the cash resources it needs while managing risk, minimising the cost of debt and optimising the returns on investment.
In the second week, you will studying the fundamental principles of public debt management and develop an understanding of the latest tools and techniques to manage your debt portfolios effectively. Recent events, such as the COVID-19 pandemic and global supply chain disruption, will be taken into account.
This programme is essential learning for anyone with responsibilities for cash management or managing debt and investments at an organisational or national level. Case studies will illustrate the practical application of the techniques covered and trainers will work with delegates on the real-life issues they face in their own organisation.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Develop a Treasury Management strategy
- Manage risk and performance, cash flow management and modelling
- Understand borrowing and investing instruments
- Assess the treasury implications of International Accounting Standards
- Understand the scope of public debt management and its linkages with fiscal and monetary policy
- Apply concepts of cost and risk to your public debt portfolio
- Create a sound debt management strategy based on a portfolio review and a good understanding of the objectives for debt management
- Appreciate the impact on public debt managementof emerging lenders and lending arrangements
- Treasury Management strategy, reporting and performance measures
- Developing capital markets and liquidity
- Proactive management of the debt portfolio and refinancing
- Counter-fraud measures
- Sovereign debt and sustainability
- Debt strategy formulation
- Guarantees and continent liabilities
- Internal and external audit
- Analysing and reporting on the debt portfolio
- Debt and cash management
- New challenges in bond issuance
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Emerging lenders
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.