Agility in managing projects is becoming a critical need in an increasingly pressured workplace. Effective focus, collaboration and communication, adaptability and change, control and empowerment, and sound risk management and governance, are key themes in successfully delivering an agile and flexible project.
Delegates will receive a grounding in the Agile Project Management Framework, centred around the 5Ps of project management: principles, people, processes, products and practices. This course will also provide an overview of the Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM) tools and techniques, taking an evolutionary approach to developing organisational solutions.
ABOUT THE APMG INTERNATIONAL AgilePM® FOUNDATION QUALIFICATION
Crown Agents is in the process of applying to become an APMG Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) – this course is subject to successful application. This course covers the syllabus of the APMG AgilePM® Foundation certificate. Delegates will take the Foundation exam through APMG International.
This is week two of The Agile People and Project Manager Toolkit.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Compare Agile project management with traditional approaches
- Deliver quicker, cost-effective and low risk change on an Agile project
- Apply core Agile project principles, concepts and processes
- Apply the DSDM approach to projects and daily activities
- Boost communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Apply and tailor management styles for Agile projects
- Agile framework and DSDM
- The principles of Agile PM®:
- Deliver on time and to quality
- Focus on the business need
- Collaborate and communicate
- Incremental change and adaptability
- Control, planning and risk management
- The life cycle process
- Products: what is produced and when
- Practices, tools and techniques: timeboxing, modelling, iterative development, prioritization and facilitated workshops
- Individual and organisational roles and responsibilities
- Governance and empowerment
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.