Coaching and mentoring are now considered an integral part of successful leadership. More and more organisations are looking to establish a coaching culture within their organisation to improve learning and performance, make the most of their people’s potentials and deliver sustainable results.
This highly interactive and hands-on programme will equip delegates with coaching and mentoring skills and behaviours that can be used to add real value in an organisation and develop staff’s capabilities and potential.
Using practical exercises and case studies, delegates will gain clear insights into the complexities of coaching and mentoring and how they can be used to build more successful and productive individuals, teams and organisations.
There will be several opportunities for delegates to practice and deliver 1-2-1 coaching sessions and get constructive feedback on their performance to build confidence in a supportive environment.
This is week two of Emotional Intelligence, Coaching and Mentoring Toolkit.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand why coaching and mentoring are key aspects of successful leadership and the difference between them
- Gain corporate buy-in for implementing a coaching culture and a personal development approach to staff improvement
- Use various approaches to deliver coaching to your team members, identifying tailored coaching styles that work for different individuals
- Identify the right mentors and put a mentoring structure in place
- Build lasting and trusting relationships with your team members
- Use communication skills more effectively
- Benefits of coaching and mentoring at all levels of the organisation
- Creating a coaching culture
- Coaching models and practices
- Identifying the right mentors and ensuring a valuable mentor/mentee relationship
- Structuring of successful coaching conversations
- Competencies of an effective coach or mentor
- Building relationships (trust - rapport - integrity)
- Effective and powerful communication techniques to deliver results
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.