A brand-new style of learning event, the Leadership Retreat is an interactive and immersive residential course. Held in the beautiful setting of Roffey Park the retreat will give you precious time away from the pressures of every day office life. You will address the essential qualities that make you unique as a leader and the blocks and challenges that get in the way of you realising your potential.
You will explore leadership concepts that will result in improvements in personal and organisational performance and enhance the delivery of policies and public services at the highest levels.
You will receive individual one-to-one mentoring sessions, tailored to your learning needs. The Leadership Retreat offers unique access to our expert trainers who will also be staying at Roffey Park, giving you the opportunity to have your coaching sessions in the evenings throughout the week.
Successful leadership is about who you are as much as what you do.
Becoming a resilient and authentic leader is a journey fundamentally linked to your personal development.
The Leadership Retreat will focus on personalised coaching sessions that explore your strengths, weaknesses, challenges and aspirations as an individual. You will also hear from a range of inspiring individuals from the public and private sector.
Improving your leadership skills will help you increase your staff engagement and productivity. A higher level of emotional intelligence can give you the perspective to make more informed, intelligent business decisions and build a committed and happy team.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Ideal for mid-career professionals, those facing retirement, or any senior manager asking ‘Where next for my career?’
- Permanent Secretaries and Deputies
- Directors General
- Chief Executives
- Elected officials
- Other senior Crown Agents alumni
This is the perfect next step for alumni who have completed Crown Agents’ Executive Leadership in Action programme.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- What makes a leader – why should people follow you?
- The capabilities of transformational leaders and how leadership is changing
- Applying leadership approaches in your own working environment
- Personal resilience and self-management: how to deal with stress and pressure to become a better leader in the workplace
- Emotional intelligence: identifying and working with emotions while you develop yourself and your social awareness
- How to navigate the rapidly changing political economy within your organisation and on the national or international stage
HOW WILL THIS IMPACT YOUR CAREER AND YOUR ORGANISATION?
- You will develop into a more effective and focused leader
- It will accelerate your career development
- You will have the skills to retain and develop a more committed and inspired team
- Learn and implement an effective leadership style that works for you
- Make better decisions
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
- We want to ensure that you get the most out of your training and one-to-one coaching sessions, that’s why you’ll be asked to complete psychometric questionnaires before arrival
- Our expert trainers will then analyse your findings and get in touch to discuss your learning objectives and an individualised learning plan will be prepared for you
- Once you arrive, you will begin your one-to-one coaching sessions where you will explore your personal challenges and work towards a solution and action plan
- You will discover your leadership style and strength through outdoor dynamic experiential group exercises, which will make use of the beautiful surroundings of Roffey Park
- You will complete mini-assignments throughout the week to move you forward on your journey.
- Following the retreat, you will be assigned a mentor for three months, personally selected to suit your position and current challenges, so that you can continue to grow as a leader after the programme
The Leadership Retreat includes both cultural visits and study visits in London including to the House of Lords and the Baltic Exchange.
House of Lords
You will have the chance to visit Westminster parliament, the political home of the UK. You will have a unique opportunity to have lunch at the House of Lords and see lawmakers at work.
An internationally renowned maritime organisation with a 250-year history and global community of over 600 members, the Baltic Exchange lies in the heart of the ‘Square Mile’, the City of London. This visit gives delegates a chance to see the capital’s dynamic business hub.
ABOUT ROFFEY PARK
Roffey Park is a renowned Leadership Institute in the beautiful English countryside near the South Coast. These six days will take you out of your demanding work environment, creating a space where you can truly pause, reflect and challenge yourself to think differently.