About the role
At Crown Agents, we are known for our transparency and ethics, safeguarding against both national and international supply chain risks. Our third-party inspection and quality assurance services ensure the integrity of our clients’ supply chains remain intact. We ensure we match our clients’ requirements with the best suited inspector for the sector and region. At Crown Agents we only utilise experts in the relevant field to ensure items are supplied in a safe, effective and fit for purpose manner, so naturally we have high expectations of our Inspectors.
Exact requirements will be made clear for each assignment. Interested candidates should possess the following qualifications, skills and professional experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the relevant field (national or international experience).
- A relevant university degree or postgraduate qualification (master’s degrees also desirable, and may be essential for some opportunities). In the absence of a university degree, equivalent professional work experience of more than five years in the related areas will be considered.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- A pragmatic individual who is not afraid to investigate situations and importantly, shares Crown Agents moral and ethical stance.
We are always seeking suitably qualified individuals within the following fields to undertake inspections on our behalf:
• Health/Medical (consumables, equipment and instruments)
• Pharmaceutical (with WHO GMP qualification)
• Relief materials (tents, blankets, utensils etc..)
• Solar (and other renewable energy)
• Water and sanitation
Typical inspections and related services you may be requested to complete include:
• Vendor appraisals
• Pre-shipment inspection
• Post-shipment inspection
• Witness testing
• Supervision of loading and unloading
If you would like to be a part of our internationally-renowned Quality Assurance and Inspections Team, then please submit your CV through the application link on this page.
Note: Our inspection opportunities are based on a freelance contract-only basis, not full time.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.