Even in the modern age, the art of rhetoric remains one of the most important modes of persuasion and influence.
The ability to write and deliver an impactful speech or presentation is a truly valuable skillset and one that will increase your confidence in all areas of professional life.
As this intensive and highly interactive one-week course proves, anyone can learn, improve, hone and polish the key tools and techniques of the speech or presentation writer and maker.
Delegates will watch and undertake close textual analyses of real-life examples of great speeches and presentations, with plenty of lively debate and discussion about their structure, devices, use of language and other ‘tricks of the trade’.
The week culminates in a practical exercise with a speech or presentation writing and delivery assignment. Your performance will be videoed and given a professional critique in a supportive environment.
Whether you write them for yourself or for other people, bring along a real-life example and return to the office with a professional speech or presentation and the confidence to deliver it with impact.
This is week two of The Writing and Presentation Skills Toolkit.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Write and structure an impactful speech or presentation for yourself or other people
- Use the techniques and rhetorical devices used by professionals
- Overcome nerves to present with authority and clarity
- Tackle disruptions or difficult questions with fluency
- Avoid classic traps and pitfalls
- Writing captivating and memorable speeches and presentations
- Drawing out the messages and optimum structure for impact
- Delivering speeches and presentations that influence and engage your audience
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.