For all organisations, the need for an effective, independent and objective internal audit function providing professional assurance over governance, risk management and control arrangements has never been higher.
This course equips delegates with the modern approach to audit and how internal audit can provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and control activity in organisations. It will identify opportunities for improvement and enhancements that will benefit organisational performance and compliance.
It develops auditors’ expertise in modern internal audit practices and developments, with a focus on current international standards (the International Professional Practice Framework from the Global Institute of Internal Auditors).
The course covers the processes and techniques required to conduct cost effective and systematic risk based audits, and provide assurance over governance, risk management and control measures in a range of operational, strategic and financial systems.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Define the concepts of governance, risk management, control and assurance
- Identify the requirements of a modern internal audit function that works to recognised international standards
- Define integrated assurance and how to develop plans for audit work
- Implement the principles and practices of risk-based auditing
- Design and implement a quality assurance and continuous improvement framework
- Concepts of audit and assurance
- Approaches to internal audit
- Establishing an internal audit function
- Concepts of corporate governance
- Models of risk management
- Integrated assurance and mapping and planning internal audit work
- The audit process
- Audit practices, procedures, tools and techniques
- Audit reporting
Includes one year’s affiliate membership of ICSA: The Governance Institute
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.