This programme is targeted at women who are aspiring to improve their management and leadership capabilities. Its objective is to assist women to better understand what drives and sustains successful leadership, their personal motivations and strengths, and how best to work within a demanding environment while maintaining a reasonable balance between work and home life. Men and women are equally capable of becoming good leaders, however research shows that the path for women is often less straight-forward. Factors impacting on women’s path to leadership positions can include:
Organisational bias based on traditional, ‘masculine’ notions
of what makes a good leader
• Outmoded approaches to recruitment and development that do
not help women develop a balanced set of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills
• The challenges of managing work/life balance and conflicting
• The different ways in which men and women build work
relationships and networks
• Cultural expectations of how men and women are encouraged
to view their worth and assert themselves
WHY A WOMAN-ONLY PROGRAMME?
This programme creates a trusting and non-competitive environment in which participants can identify their capabilities and develop a plan for growth and improvement away from the pressures of the work environment and every-day life. It is highly interactive and supplemented by site visits, group working and feedback and co-counselling sessions.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Clearly understand your current strengths and weaknesses as a leader and develop a strategy for improvement and development
- Gain confidence and power within your management hierarchy
- Act with greater confidence and ownership when you apply your management style
- Enhance your strategic skills through improved planning and change implementation
- Become more ‘politically’ astute and build strategic alliances
- Communicate with improved clarity and authority
- Develop greater personal self-confidence and inspire and motivate yourself and your staff
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.