Build an invaluable network, share insights and solutions and take the next step on your leadership journey with this empowering two-week course.
This programme is targeted at women who are aspiring to improve their leadership capabilities. It will assist women to better understand what drives and sustains successful leadership, their personal motivations and strengths, and how best to work within a demanding environment while maintaining a reasonable balance between work and home life. You will learn and develop the skills and confidence you need to reach your goals and unlock your potential.
Delegates will be examining their own leadership behaviour and how to build on their strengths to generate success within the workplace. Training will also focus on developing greater emotional intelligence and resilience to be able to overcome self-limiting beliefs and bias in order to communicate more effectively with authority, grow your confidence and build influence.
WHY A WOMAN-ONLY PROGRAMME?
It’s clear that men and women are equally capable of becoming good leaders. However, research shows that the path for women is often less straight-forward. Factors impacting on women’s path to leadership positions can include:
• Organisational bias based on traditional, ‘masculine’ notions of what makes a good leader
• Outmoded approaches to recruitment and development that don’t help women develop a balanced set of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills
• The different ways in which men and women build work relationships and networks
• Cultural expectations of how men and women are encouraged to view their worth and assert themselves
This course addresses the specific needs of women in the workplace, creating a trusting and non-competitive environment in which participants can identify their capabilities and develop a plan for growth and improvement away from the pressures of the work environment and every-day life. It is highly interactive and supplemented by site visits, group discussions, ongoing feedback and, at request, 1-2-1 coaching sessions.
This programme is essential for any woman aspiring to accelerate her career and grow as a leader.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Clearly understand your current strengths and weaknesses as a leader and develop a strategy for improvement and development
- Gain confidence and power within your organisational hierarchy
- Act with greater confidence and ownership of your chosen leadership style
- Improve your strategic change management skills
- Become more ‘politically’ astute and build strategic alliances
- Communicate with improved clarity and authority
- Develop greater personal self-confidence and inspire and motivate yourself and your staff
“Women in Leadership offers a spectacular experience and platform to learn from very endowed experts. The support system is amazing, reassuring and based on actual case studies of Corporate and Industry. The course provides a perfect reflection of individual confidence level, risk appetite, professional ethics, job fulfilment and total purpose.”
RITA ADZOVIE, Director of HR, Administration and Corporate Affairs, National Pensions Regulatory Authority, Ghana, a delegate attending Women in Leadership, April 2018, Washington D.C.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.