Treasury Management lies at the heart of the financial strategy of all organisations. It brings together the strategic management of cash, investments and debt to enable an organisation to manage and plan its liquidity.
Cash has to be closely managed on a daily basis, but also with regard to longer-term needs in terms of financing capital investment and investing surplus funds.
Effective Treasury Management is vital in ensuring that the entity has the cash resources it needs when it needs them, while managing risk, minimising the cost of debt and optimising the returns on investment. Expertise in this area is required by every public and private sector organisation. At a national level, governments usually need to borrow. However, sovereign debt can spiral out of control as it takes a higher proportion of GDP. It is vital that investments are managed within a Treasury Management strategy that is integrated with the overall national economic policy.
This programme is essential learning for anyone with responsibilities for cash management or managing debt and investments at an organisational or national level.
Case studies illustrate the practical application of the techniques covered and the trainers work with delegates on the real-life issues they face in their own organisations.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Monitor and report on Treasury Management
- Develop a Treasury Management strategy and associated policies
- Manage risk and performance, cash flow management and modelling
- Understand the borrowing and investing instruments and their risks and benefits
- Assess the Treasury implications of International Accounting Standards
- Treasury Management strategy, reporting and performance measures
- Financial risk management tools and techniques
- Cash flow management and modelling
- Investments and borrowing – short, medium and long term
- Developing capital markets and liquidity
- Proactive management of the debt portfolio and refinancing
- Counter-fraud measures
- Sovereign debt and sustainability