This 20 day programme combines:
- Project Management of Development Projects (PMD Pro Level 1 Certificate course): 10 days
- Project Management of Development Projects (PMD Pro Level 2 Certificate course): 10 days
This course gives delegates the opportunity to complete Levels 1 and 2 of the internationally recognised Project Management in Development for Professionals (PMD Pro) certifications. These have been specifically developed for the development sector by experts from leading NGOs and charities.
In the first two weeks, delegates will gain a comprehensive grounding in project management concepts, processes and practice. The planning and management of projects that are high quality, on time, and on budget, will be a key focus. This is a foundation-level course.
During the final two weeks, delegates will demonstrate that they can put what they have learned into practice. The Level 2 syllabus is practitioner-level and has a focus on the practical application of the terminologies, tools and techniques learned during the PMD Pro Level 1 programme.
The course includes integrated preparation for the optional PMD Pro Level 1 certificate exam which may be taken at the end of week two, and the Level 2 exam which may be taken at the end of week four. Please note that only those delegates that pass Level 1 may take the Level 2 exam.
- Phases of a programme and project life cycle
- Project design, initiation and planning
- Project governance and organisation
- Logframe tool and theories of change
- Complex stakeholder management
- Project implementation, project control and project triangle
- Risk and issue management
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Includes attendance at the Project Challenge Expo event
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.