This 20-day programme combines:
Project Management of Development Projects (Project DPro Level 1 Certificate): 10 days
Programme Management of Development Programmes (Program DPro Level 1 Certificate): 10 days
This course gives delegates the opportunity to complete the Project DPro and Program DPro Foundation certifications. These internationally recognised certifications are designed for professionals with experience of working in a project or programme-based environment and have been specifically developed for the international development sector.
In the first two weeks, delegates will gain a comprehensive grounding in project management concepts, processes and practice. The planning and management of projects that are high quality, on time and on budget will be a key focus. This is a foundation-level course.
During the final two weeks, delegates will build on this knowledge to learn about managing programmes, which are more complex and usually involve the management of multiple projects.
The course includes integrated preparation for the optional Project DPro Foundation certification exam which may be taken at the end of week two, and the Program DPro Foundation certification exam which may be taken at the end of week four.
This course will be delivered in Arlington, Virginia, which is situated directly adjacent to Washington D.C. and is home to a host of historic buildings, excellent shopping facilities and other attractions.
- Phases of a programme and project life cycle
- Project design, initiation and planning
- Project governance and organisation
- Logframe tool and theories of change
- Complex stakeholder management
- Project implementation, project control and project triangle
- Risk and issue management
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Projects, Programmes and Portfolio Management
- Programme phases and principles
- Programme identification and design
- Programme planning, implementation and closure
- Theory of Change
- The Programme Manager: Skills and Competencies
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.