The Leadership and Governance Toolkit for Boards and Senior Executives /Book now
This two-week programme combines:
Executive Leadership in Action – Short Course: 05 days
Corporate Governance for Boards and Senior Executives: 05 days
Sustainable success is no longer the preserve of financial strategies and metrics, but intrinsically linked to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) aspects. Organisations around the world are now attempting to develop and deliver essential strategies that work in this rapidly evolving global arena. The structural, technical and cultural challenges this poses for governance machinery and organisational leadership are immense, and accountability for their effectiveness are now subjected to far more robust scrutiny.
Delivering demonstrably excellent corporate governance poses significant leadership challenges and often requires significant change and development. It places expectations, responsibilities and accountabilities upon Board Members, Senior Executives and Non-Executives charged with running organisations to strive for a higher standard of consistent governance excellence.
This interactive and challenging programme recognises that good organisational leadership and corporate governance work together in all successful organisations. Excellent corporate governance leadership provides the right strategic direction, high quality and ethical decision making, effective implementation of policies and organisational control. Through robust leadership, accountability, oversight and assurance, governance goes beyond just legal and regulatory compliance and duties of care and is the key enabler of achieving the very best outcomes for all stakeholders.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR?
This programme is designed for current and future executive and nonexecutive Board Members and Senior Executives. It will bring together the full range of expectations, competencies and behaviours required for Board Members, and takes them on a learning journey to achieve their corporate governance and personal development aims as they transition from being a “doing” board into a “governing” board.
Working with our experienced trainers, delegates will be offered 1-2-1 executive coaching both during and after the programme to help embed learnings by addressing their individual leadership and governance challenges. You will be encouraged to produce a personal development plan to use learnings to address the challenges faced within your own workplace.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and direction of governance and leadership at the very top of an organisation
- Appreciate the challenges, risks and opportunities and how to integrate effective ESG thinking into corporate strategic decision making and implementation
- Develop the right organisational culture and lead organisational behaviour
- Demonstrate ethical leadership
- Maintain effective stakeholder engagement
- Build and maintain personal and organisational trust and accountability
- Appreciate how to undertake effective oversight including financial, information and risk governance
- The nature, purpose, principles and practices of corporate governance
- The purpose and challenges of leadership for Board Members
- Effective organisational decision making and board effectiveness
- Culture and climate of leadership and governance excellence
- The values and principles of ethical leadership
- Trust, accountability and ownership
- Collective responsibilities
- Skills and attitudes of successful Executive and Non-Executive Board Members
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.