This two-week programme combines:
Emotional Intelligence: Enhancing Management and Leadership Impact (approved by the Institute of Leadership and Management): 05 days
Developing High Performing Teams: 05 days
This comprehensive programme will take you on a journey of self-development to become a better manager able to empower teams to achieve a greater vision and purpose. Through a study of emotional intelligence (EQ), management styles and leadership qualities you will become more resilient, have better work relationships and make smarter and more authentic decisions for both yourself and your team.
In week one, delegates will work with a leading expert in the field of EQ to develop insights into what makes an emotionally intelligent leader and develop their skills to be able to use this to a positive effect in the workplace.
In week two, the focus will be on driving the development and output of a high performing team. Delegates will explore the core areas of management, team development strategies and the aspects of performance and change management that are necessary to enable your team members to perform their roles to the highest standard.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Gain insight into your emotional intelligence
- Use IQ and EQ together to make more considered and smarter business decisions and build better relationships
- Understand what it takes to develop and sustain high performing teams
- Develop your skills and knowledge as a people manager
- Understand the organisational culture and climate required to stimulate consistent high performance
- Develop your team members’ skills through skilful coaching
- The power and importance of emotional intelligence in the modern workplace
- Empathy, listening skills and tuning in to the feelings of others
- Improving resilience and managing stress and the emotional aspects of change
- The recipe for successful team development: defining vision and roles, measuring success, overcoming challenges
- Building on strengths as a manager and working on weaknesses
- Key communication skills
- Successful management of any dysfunctional aspects of a team
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.