This 20-day programme combines:
Project Management of Development Projects (Project DPro Foundation Certificate): 10 days
Financial Management of Development Projects: 10 days
This in-depth programme is ideal for anyone who needs to gain an end-to-end and comprehensive understanding of the key elements involved in delivering successful development projects.
Part one of the toolkit delivers in-depth training in project management concepts, processes and practice. This course is aligned to the Project DPro Foundation syllabus and includes integrated preparation for the Project DPro Foundation exam which can be taken at the end of the first two weeks.
Sound financial management is also critical to the success of all types of development projects. The second half of this course covers areas including budgeting, accounting policies, financial management, staffing considerations and procurement and contract management.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand each phase of the development project life cycle
- Map key project stakeholders and create an effective engagement plan
- Plan an appropriate approach to M&E for a given project
- Evaluate risks and establish an appropriate financial control environment
- Assess weaknesses in your own financial systems
- Align financial management of procurement with international best practice
- Phases of a programme and project life cycle
- Documentation and project management
- Project governance, organisation and control
- Design, initiation, planning and implementation of projects
- Logframe tool and theories of change
- Monitoring, reporting, review and evaluation
- Tools to assess project financial management systems
- Budgeting and accounting policies and procedures
- Reporting and monitoring
- Governance and fraud prevention
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.